Friday, June 15, 2007

Cleaning My Closet

I feel that I have had a very productive day. Not only did I do schoolwork, but I did something Mom has asked me to do for quite awhile. I cleaned my closet. Now, I am a pack rat....I don't like getting rid of anything. However, as a future wife and mother (Lord willing!), my house cannot be run that way!! So, I finally decided that I had to go through the closet...and my drawers.



How do I choose what I need to get rid of. Well, I used these guidelines. If I haven't worn it in several months or years, GET RID OF IT! If it was too short, GET RID OF IT! If it's too tight, GET RID OF IT! Or, if I just plain old don't like it, GET RID OF IT!!!




So, after going through my closet and all of my drawers, this was the finished result. Typically, the items I removed from my wardrobe showed my midriff to much. (I definitely don't want to go around wearing something like that!!)


Here is plenty of proof that I "spring cleaned...or summer cleaned:" all of the hangers!!!


I know that the closet might still look full, but trust me....I finally have everything hanging up that needs to be. Yeah!

Unfortunately, I had to get rid of some outfits that were favorites. After all, you can't keep everything! I think this was Christmas 2004's Christmas dress. I loved it...mainly because it had a full skirt that was perfect for twirling in:-)






I really don't like getting rid of this one. It looks homemade, but I didn't do it. Anyway, Mom and I have matching dresses. She can still wear hers obviously, but for me, it is too tight. Boo hoo! I am going to have Mom put this one away for another time.








Can you tell this dress is gold? I don't think so, but this one has a memory behind it. In 2003, our family went to my grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary. Well, since 50 is supposedly the "golden anniversary," I fit the occasion.


I love yellow and I love lilacs...need I say more? However, again, TOO TIGHT!

So, I have this advice...take some time and clear out the closet. We shouldn't be slobs or pack rats. Also, you will find outfits that bring back memories, and that is always good!

9 comments:

Anna Naomi said...

Great job, Ella! Yes, cleaning out your closest is so rewarding! I cleaned my room in-depth around two months ago, and it felt so good. I really enjoyed seeing the pictures of all those pretty dresses! Yes, giving special things away is hard. However, my clothes always got passed down to Jubilee, so I could still see them worn. =)

Anonymous said...

Now it is my time to do some cleaning up. I need to go through the pile of "get rid of it" and either take it to the thrift store...or put it aside for the baby we hope to adopt. Hope will enjoy those pretty dresses, won't she?

Ella said...

Anna, I pray that I will have a younger sister one day who will get all of the dresses I used to wear. (Who knows what clothing will be like in a few years!)

However, now I need to mive it from the floor into bags or boxes =)

Anonymous said...

I need to get busy on moving the "keeper" things into a box for storage. My closet is now a wreck!!

Alice said...

Hi, Ella! How have you been? Martha and I got home from camp last night; I miss you!

I need to clean in my room, too. In fact, I think that I am going to do that today. I am having a slow day today (recovering, etc.), and Mom and Martha are going out, so this might be a good time.

I was excited to see a picture of your room, too! :-)

Ella said...

Woo Hoo.........Alice is back!! You have been sorely missed by me. I look forward to hearing about everything!

Alice said...

It was so nice to talk to you yesterday, Ella! And my room is clean now! :-) I hope you had a great day, and I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

Ella said...

Glad the room is clean!!! And an e-mail will be in your house sometime this week! :-)

June Elizabeth @ A Wise Woman Builds Her Home said...

Beautiful dresses, I need to do some closet cleaning too---hopefully today!

Many blessings...