Thursday, April 16, 2009

Life Keeps Rolling On

You all know how it goes. Life keeps rolling on and evidently, something gets put on the back burner. For me, blogging has taken a back seat, more or less, this month. I thought I would give you a brief update....through pictures.....of what has been going on.

The past two weeks have been "spring break" for me. So what if I am not in school anymore. Mom and Garrett have been taking it off so I am as well. I needed it; it has given me the opportunity to get caught up on some things.









ON what nice days we have had, I have been trying to get outside. Flowers and trees are slowly budding and flowering, which is such a blessing. It is still on the cold side occasionally, but I fear summer will come as quick as a flash. I think it is supposed to be 80 degrees on Tuesday....This always happens.


A big chunk of my break has been spent keeping an eye on Ginger. Our little puppy is six months old now, which means......she can be spayed! We don't want to deal with the puppy thing, so she went to the vet. She was SO lethargic the first day (as is evidenced by the picture.) She is still wearing the "cone" around her head, but her energy levels are back to where they are supposed to be.....only she is supposed to remain still and quiet as well. It has been a challenge.

Having time off has enabled me to do some crafty projects. A dear friend is getting married in August, so wedding presents are being prepared. Alas, I cannot post pictures, as she occasionally reads this blog and it is supposed to be a secret! So I keep my hands busy as I watch movies. I am currently on part 2 of Wives and Daughters. I love that movie, but at this point, Roger Hamley is definitely being idiotic =)

And last but not least, I have been getting used to my glasses. I still don't have it all figured out yet. I hate having something on my nose....but I can see better with them on. I decided, perhaps against my better judgment, to post a picture of me wearing my glasses. This is should be interesting.......


So there you have it....an update from me. I hope you all are having a wonderful April and that the Lord is revealing things to you, awesome things you couldn't have even imagine!

15 comments:

Jenna said...

Hi Ella,
I completely understand about blogging going on the back burner - same thing has happened to me:(

Have a wonderful time preparing for your friends wedding...how exciting~

Blessings to you,
Jenna

p.s. Ginger is ADORABLE!!!!

Anna Naomi said...

I enjoyed your update and all of the pictures! I definitely understand when blogging needs to take a back burner for a while.

Spring looks as though it is quite beautiful up there! Down here, most of the flowers have already faded away, which is sad. =( But, the days are pretty beautiful, although it still alternates between cool and warm.

Ginger is so cute! I hope she feels better soon.

Yay! A picture of you in glasses so that I can now update my mental image of you. I really like the glasses you picked out! They look very nice and stylish. Also, they do make you look older! =)

Neesie said...

Ella! I finally get a close up of you! You are really pretty...even with your glasses. :-) You have no need to worry about how you look in them! I understand abotu the business. And, yes, summer will be here before you know it! Hope Ginger makes a full recovery very soon. :-)

gone said...

you look really Cute in glasses.
and I love the pictures of the flower to there beautiful.

Robert said...

I too enjoy watching Wives and Daughters.Molly Gibson is a good character.Roger is a lot like Edmund Bertram-They both take a long time to realize who the right person is for them.

I also found an article that you might like here http://www.homeschoolalumni.org/weblog_entry.php?e=23175

It's about flowers and their meaning in the Cranford movie.

Anonymous said...

You are really pretty in those glasses! They do make you look older, my glasses done the same thing, when I take them I look TOTALLY different. I like the style of them!

Beverly said...

You look WONDERFUL in your glasses. I loved the ones you picked out!! They make you look very sophisticated :-)

Alice said...

I personally think your glasses are really cute!

Ella said...

Thank you all so very much. I am glad to know that the consensus is that you like my glasses =) It feels good when friends say that!

Sara said...

Ella, I LOVE your glasses! They are a perfect fit for you.
And I love your music from North and South. That has become one of my favorite movies now. =)

Sandie said...

I love your glasses!!! You are so pretty in them.

Anonymous said...

Cool new glasses - they look very much like mine!! :-)

I found your blog when you commented on Jessica McDonald's and I must say I love it!! I was reading what you've written before and it's great!!

Sara said...

AWWWW! I love the glasses! You look so nice!

Anonymous said...

Love the glasses, Ella! :) I think they suit you. :) And by the way, LOVE the new background!

Elijah said...

Hi Ella,

Crazy question:

I have a friend who is co-authoring a paper/book about restoring the family as the social contract of society.

She's planning to camp alone in Colorado for 2 months this summer, but is open to the idea of staying with someone instead.

Where do you live and would you and your family at all be interested in having Marlana stay with you? If so, email me ( elijahlofgren (a) elijahlofgren.com ) and let me know. If you're not, that's totally fine. ;)

Thanks,

Elijah