Sunday, September 27, 2009

Who I Am--The Song

I have fallen in love with this song.......sure, I have fallen in love with the TV show that this is the theme song for (Sue Thomas F.B.Eye).....but the more I listen to it, the more I realize just how well those lyrics fit me. I am so happy with the way God made me.
It has been a long time in coming, but I have finally come to the place of saying, "I am who I am. If the Christian community has a problem with that, so be it. I am, more importantly, who God wants me to be."
If I live to be a hundred
And never see the seven wonders
That'll be alright
If I don't make it to the big leagues
If I never win a Grammy
I'm gonna be just fine
Cause I know exactly who I am

I am Rosemary's granddaughter
The spitting image of my father
And when the day is done my momma's still my biggest fan
Sometimes I'm clueless and I'm clumsy
But I've got friends that love me
And they know just where I stand
It's all a part of me
And that's who I am

So when I make a big mistake
And when I fall flat on my face
I know I'll be alright
Should my tender heart be broken
I will cry those teardrops knowing
I will be just fine
Cause nothing changes who I am

I am Rosemary's granddaughter
The spitting image of my father
And when the day is done my momma's still my biggest fan
Sometimes I'm clueless and I'm clumsy
But I've got friends that love me
And they know just where I stand
It's all a part of me
And that's who I am

I'm a saint and I'm a sinner
I'm a loser; I'm a winner
I am steady and unstable
I'm young, but I am able

I am Rosemary's granddaughter
The spitting image of my father
And when the day is done my momma's still my biggest fan
Sometimes I'm clueless and I'm clumsy
But I've got friends that love me
And they know where I stand
It's all a part of me
And that's who I am

I am Rosemary's granddaughter
The spitting image of my father
And when the day is done my momma's still my biggest fan
Sometimes I'm clueless and I'm clumsy
But I've got friends that love me
And they know where I stand
It's all a part of me
And that's who I am
That's who I am
--Jessica Andrews--

7 comments:

Jenna said...

That's a great song, Ella! Amen about the "I am who I am"!! Where we live, I am a bit strange - quite honestly, I'm a bit more conservative than some but I'm always suprising people with my styles...I am who I am, Jesus loves me and I love Him~

God Bless~
Jenna

p.s. I don't intend the above comment to sound snotty or arrogent.

Neesie said...

Wow...good lyrics. :-)

Jessica McDonald said...

I love that song too...though I've never seen the TV show you mentioned, I just happened to hear it on the radio once and have loved it ever since!

I pray that you're doing well, I haven't been on blogs lately, but I'm trying to do better with keeping up!!

The Lord's blessings on you!!

Love and Hugs, Jessica

Ella said...

Jenna, I want you to know that as long as you are true to yourself and who the Lord wants you to be...that is all that matters! It doesn't matter if people dub you more "conservative"

Nessie, yeah, isn't it great?

Jessica, I haven't heard this song before on the radio, but I fell in love with it on TV. I plan on buying it for my MP3 player. It was so great of you to stop by here! Hopefully, I will "see" more of you! =)

Anonymous said...

That song is beautiful, Ella. :) It's funny because my grandmother's name is Rosemary and I am often told I'm the spitting image of Dad. :) That made me smile. :)

Anonymous said...

Great song!

Sara said...

Wow, this song is awesome! I love the show alot! I actually skipped watching the Duggars the ither night just to watch it... glad I did cause it was a good one!