I am a headline reader. That probably doesn't take the majority of you by surprise =) I always find some headline that jumps out at me, that I have to click on and read.
Yesterday, I saw this one on Yahoo. It absolutely repulsed me--in fact, it still does. Click on the link and read the story of a Justice of the Peace who doesn't believe in interracial marriage.
So, what do you think about this? Do you think the guy was just in his decision?
For myself, I have to side with the ACLU (and that is saying something, as I usually hate the ACLU) I mean, if this Justice doesn't believe in the "mixing of the races", what does he think of our current president? After all, President Obama isn't completely black or completely white--and everybody loves him. What if he is a baseball fan--a Yankees fan to be exact--Derek Jeter is highly loved and respected--and he is a combination of a black father and a white mother.
I know of several interracial marriages. I could care less if the Lord had someone of a different color in store for my spouse. In my family, there is only one race--the human one =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











5 comments:
You know what I think, but I'll say it anyway...I think that man's actions are disgusting and a violation of law. While he may not like interracial marriage, his approval or disapproval of it has no bearing on the fact that it is not against the law. He needs to fulfill his duty.
Many white families today are adopting children of African and Asian heritage, resulting in families that are a TRUE picture of Heaven---all races together in harmony and love. That same harmony and love can be accomplished through a marriage of different races. But I guess that Justice of the Peace doesn't believe in that.
Love,
Mom
Amen, Ella. (Not that you were preaching a sermon of anything!)
There is a couple at our church who are "interracially" married, and they are the proud parents of three beautiful little blessings. They have told storis about how they would experience discrimnation even in many churches that they visited. It's sad when so many people are confused about races when we are really all part of the human race. It's even sadder when Christians' vision gets blurred about this- especially since all of the body of Christ is joined in a such stronger bond than anything else- the grace and forgiveness of Jesus Christ.
Looking forward to seeing you again in a few weeks. =)
~Michaela
P.S. Do you prefer being called Ella or Gabrielle? Sorry, I kept forgetting to ask! =)
Oh wow, I actually read that story :) I am not a headline reader, but that is so not fair. That is totally heinous.
I completely agree with you Ella...that's really sad that racial discrimination still goes on in America today. I love seeing interracial marriages.
I know I owe you an email--hopefully this weekend I'll get to it!
Really really sad. You think things get better as time goes on...but sadly, for some people, they don't.
Post a Comment