Reading transports you into other worlds. I cannot tell you how many times I have been drawn into a story, into the characters portrayed and the atmosphere they live in. Ever since I was little, I have been a fan of reading. My tastes have changed since then (as they should) but the main theme--my love for reading and discovering new things--hasn't.
I am in the midst of a new series right now. The Baxter Family Drama to be exact--or rather, three different series by Karen Kingsbury yet with the same family represented. It is a very interesting set of books. I plan on telling you more about them at the end of the month, but for now, I will say that they are very thought provoking. You get into the characters so much that you are bound to cry in book #5 (as I did this morning, just ask Mom and Garrett =)
So, it begs me to ask the question, "What have been the best series of books that you have ever read?" I am not asking about a solo book that you have read--that would be very broad and I know you couldn't narrow it down. Series can be slightly easier.
I have several series that I love. The Life of Faith Series was one that I grew up with, yet still at nineteen, I would read anpther one if they came out with more. Nancy Drew was my favorite source for mystery material--before I moved on to Sherlock Holmes. But I guess, if you had to ask me, my favorite series could be The Zion Covenant Series, by Brock and Bodie Thoene. That was a series where I was so into the characters and the time period (pre WWII) that I could not put them down....and I want to pick them up again.
But answer my question, what is it for you?
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











6 comments:
It's interesting that you should mention the Zion Covanent Series just now. I just finish book #5 The Key to Zion (a family friend loaned it to me) yesterday morning. That was the first I had read in this series and I am considering loaning more of them from the Library.
One series that I really enjoy (though it's only two books) is the Stoneworth Chronicles.
Elisa Gardner
Hmmm....
1. The Shiloh Chronicles by Brock and Bodie Thoene
2. Mark of the Lion Trilogy by Francine Rivers
3. The Circle Trilogy by Ted Dekker
4. Legends of the Guardian-King Series by Karen Hancock
5. Lone Star Legacy Trilogy by Gilbert Morris
6. Miss Match Trilogy by Erynn Mangum
Series are the best kind of books to read, I think. It makes the story last longer. :D
Have a lovely week!!
Love, Jessica
So many good books and serieses out there! One of my favorites currently is the AD Chronicles by Bodie and Brock Thoene. They're Biblical fiction, and very interesting and inspiring! There are currently 11 - mom got me 9 & 10 for my birthday (a little late... ;) and I can't wait to read them! Definitely check and see if your library has them - they're such a good read, and really make you want to dig deeper into the Scriptures!
Other favorite series have been Anne of Green Gables, Little House on the Prairie, and even The Boxcard Children and The Bobbsy Twins for a time when I was younger. =) I could go on, but these are the most memorable.
As you know, I'm not a huge fan of series books, for the reason that I don't get alot of reading time and, therefore, take months to read even one book. A several-book series would take me a couple years to complete!!!
Several years ago, I did enjoy the Left Behind series, but after about book #6 or 7, I lost interest.
I really had wanted to read that Zion Chronicles series you like so much, and as you know, I started. However, after seven months and still being midway through book one, I gave up and decided to stick to single books rather than series.
Love,
Mom
I am seeing a common thread in two of these comments. Anna and Jessica, we all love the Thoene's! And a different series by them too. That is cool.
Mom, your comment reminds me that I have to get back to the Left Behind books =)
I like all the Zion series by the Thoene's and the A.D. Chronicles, as well. I haven't been able to read the Zion Legacy yet.
The Thoene's are excellent writers and I have read very few of their books that I didn't enjoy.
There is another series I really like but I can't think of the name right this moment.
Post a Comment