Today, I was surfing the Internet and I cam across a certain article. At first, I clicked on it, expecting to be furious the stand the writers took on it. After all, it was Newsweek, and they are "very" politically correct. So, imagine my surprise when I read the article, and they took the attitude I have on the subject.
Disney is in the process of making another "princess movie"--this one takes place in 1920's New Orleans and it is a black princess. Already, that goes against Disney's norm. But take it one step further, The Princess and the Frog appears to advocate interracial marriage. You see, the prince is not African-American. Okay, with that in mind, read this article.
I have made it perfectly clear on this blog. One of the things I hate most is the whole racial argument. And I hate that black and whites still have an apparent problem with marrying each other. Remember, a judge in Louisiana did. However, as for myself, I don't. If the Lord brings an amazing man into my life, one who matches everything I long for in a spouse.....and he's black.....I honestly could care less.
The Princess and the Frog is definitely in unchartered waters and I intend to support it. I think it is a message people need to have batted over their heads.
**What do you think? Is this movie one you would watch? Or are you against Disney period, regardless of them having a positive message in a film?**
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











3 comments:
I like to think that my eyes are colorblind. I think what's inside a person is what is important, not what's on the outside, whether that be paralyzed legs or curly hair or a different color skin than I have. We are ALL one race---the human race. So, I applaud the message of this movie....color isn't important.
And for the record, it wouldn't matter to this mama at all if the Lord had a spouse of another color for you. As long as he is a Christian and loves you and will be faithful to you, color matters not.
Love,
Mom
I'm all for mixed marriages, but sometimes I just get sick when the "world" tries to make movies or talk about things like this. They may be trying to do something good, but sometimes in turns on them. From reading the comments on the bottom of the article and just knowing the way the America of today is...this could turn into onw big touchy arugument. I hope not though.
I will definitely watch the movie when it comes out on DVD.
I have to admit that I'm looking forward to this film....I've always loved the classic Disney animated movies (Beauty and the Beast has always been my favorite). I appreciate that they are making an African American princess too...and I definitely support interracial marriages. So yes, I'm excited about The Princess and the Frog. =)
Post a Comment