Heavenly Father,
my prayer is that I would learn to trust You more.
It's such a comfort to know that my life is in Your hands,
and the circumstances surrounding me are in Your
control. Remind me daily that choosing to be happy is
an option. May I find strength in Your joy.
Amen.
--Kim Boyce--
When I try to look ahead into my future, I find myself overwhelmed by the uncertainty of it all. Do I go for an English Major? Or pursue Culinary School? Or do I not do anything? Does the Lord have marriage in my future? If so, who is it and when is it? Or am I to remain single? If so, what am I to do? Will my family get to adopt? Or is just going to be my brother and myself? Does the Lord intend for my family to move anymore?.......even know, the answers, or rather, lack thereof, boggle my mind.
I need to remember that I don't have to know the answers. God will open the doors that He wants opened in His own good time. For it certainly is that--it is good and right and the only way. What he wants of me, in the meantime, is to put my strength in Him, to kneel at the cross and say, "Father, You be the mover and shaker. You hold my tomorrows in the palm of Your hand. You know the plans You have for me, plans that are good and not harmful, plans that will give me a hope and a future. Help me to trust in that with every breath within me."
I hope you will find your source of strength in Him this week.











6 comments:
Great post-I struggle with those same things too, sometimes...a friend shared a hymn called, "Trust and Obey" and your post made me think of that. :)
~Love you
Thank you for this encouraging post Ella...even though I in school for my major, my future seems a little unclear right now too because my family will have to move soon. It's always scary thinking about anything new we have to go through...I'll be praying that you'll be able to make the decision about the English major or going to culinary school. I think both would be excellent choices, but I'm sure culinary school would be a lot of fun. =)
I also share these same fears and anxieties. It is so easy to forget who is charge of us and start fretting."My Times Are in Your Hands" is another hymn you might like.
That you, my dears, for your encouraging words. It means a lot to know that others are going through the same experiences and feeling the same doubts and fears.
As you all know, I will keep you posted with what God has me doing.
Wow. I needed that. Thank you Ella!
I awarded you - see my blog for details. :) God Bless you, my friend! :)
Julia
Beautiful reminder, Ella. =) Thank you for sharing! Praying for you, friend.
Post a Comment