Sunday, July 18, 2010

While I'm Waiting


I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Takeing every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord
--John Waller--
Songs are a big way in which the Lord speaks to me. Now, that might sound totally stupid, but it is the total truth. I am usually challenged, or my thinking is reinforced, or I feel encouraged. This song (which yes, is from the movie, "Fireproof") did all three things to me on this trip.
I was only slightly familiar with the song before I went away. It is definitely a favorite now. I listened to it, like, ten times while driving around with the Gorecki's. The final time, with only a couple of hours left of my vacation, found me crying my eyes out (which in turn got Mrs. Gorecki, Meghan, and Sara teary-eyed =)
It seems like my life is all about waiting at the moment. Waiting for marriage. Waiting for culinary school. Waiting for my family to move and our circumstances to change. Waiting for a better church to call home...you get the idea. Some days are ones in which waiting is no challenge; others it is the hardest thing I have to do.
IN the past year, God has revealed Himself to me in many ways--albeit they are small when sometimes I want them large =) Every time I feel like giving up, the Lord encourages me with the knowledge that He sees my waiting and that a harvest of blessing awaits on the other side. It isn't in my time table....but it is on His agenda. In the meantime, He wants my utter dependence on Him; He doesn't care how wounded and struggling I am....He wants me to just hold onto Him, trusting in who HE is.
These are old lessons to be sure. But let me tell you, my time in Pittsburgh reminded me of all of this afresh. It is never boring when I go there.

7 comments:

Patti said...

I'm with you, my dear. Waiting is SO hard, and it seems like we've been waiting for years for so many things. But, praise God, even in those times of despair and discouragement, He holds us close and does not let us go.

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

I completely understand this! I recently did a post on waiting: http://atentforthesun.com/wait-for-him/
I think sometimes He reveals Himself most when we're in the waiting room of life, because that's when we're the least distracted.

Anonymous said...

I rarely comment although I read often, but it seems like this post was written for me. Everything you said, it fits to a "T" and now that 25 is almost upon me, it has been really challenging to wait for certain things. It could be easy to get frustrated. But like you said," It isn't in my time table....but it is on His agenda" and I know that I could never be happy if not in His will and His timing.

Sue said...

Oh, my dear! I know your heart...and I pray that this song blesses and ministers to you. God our Father's love and grace are perfect and His timing is always perfect...some things in life will be revealed to us and we WILL understand, but others...we may never know the answers to. Knowing that He loves you and has plans for your life...'trust and obey, for there is no other way'...miss you terribly and know I'm praying for you!

Sara said...

Darn it, hold on, gotta go get a kleenex!

Ok, I'm back :-) I too now listen to the song at least once a day... MISSSSSSSS YOOOOOOOOOUUUUU!
lOvE yOu bIg sIsTeR!
Love Sa-da :-P

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anna Naomi said...

That song has meant a lot to me as well. It would be a good dance/drama song someday, maybe...