I am a country music girl. I'm not going to lie to you. Because I am so familiar with many of today's stars, I live and breathe every award show that airs on TV. Last night, ABC aired the 45th Annual County Music Association Awards....and I was right there.I did an Emmy Fashion Recap. How could I not do one here? There isn't as much, but I would enjoy hearing your thoughts on the dresses you might have seen or your opinion on the show itself.
My girl, Carrie Underwood, and Brad Paisley hosted for the fourth straight year. I've got to tell you, they can keep the job for as lnog as either of them wants it. I love it! They always playfully poke fun at current headlines/events (and do it in a much nicer way than Ricky Gervais ever does ;-)
Carrie's first look, of eight, is up top there. Yes, it is short, but I love the assymetrical detailing....and the shoes!! This scene was the opening monologue. If you can, find it on Youtube: it is a hoot!
Carrie donned this floral dress at some point in the evening. I didn't get to see the full view and let me tell you, I swooned! It is so girly, so very Carrie.....and again, her shoes look fantastic! I think this was my favorite look.
Up top are three more looks Carrie donned. Don't condemn me that I like them. Yes, they are short.....but they are just so darn cute. I would say my favorite is the white one. It's just very, very unique.I am mixed about this one, to the left....it's one shouldered, which I love. It is a gorgeous color--borders between peach and salmon--but that tulle attachment confuses me. I saw a picture of the dress on the Runway and it was a lot more perky. Here it hangs on Carrie....almost as if it got caught somehow. It's a shame really.


Now we begin the red carpet looks. Jennifer Nettles (Sugarland) is up top...let me just say that it is lovely on her. I couldn't pull it off.....MUCH too drapey for me. But since Jennifer usually wears dark colors, I loved this for a change.
Taylor Swift's gown resembles a bridal gown to me. I hate that poof at the side (and I do like poofs ;-) Does it seem wedding like to any of you?

Faith Hill looks incredible, even if her dress IS boring. I mean, she is bordering on sporting '80s hair to begin with. But there is nothing to break up the look. The back had cutouts, which I liked....I just think she could have kicked it up a notch.Carrie walked the red carpet in addition to her hosting duties. She always goes for the sparkles, which I think look welll on her. The part I am on the fence about? That gold patch right across the hips....doesn't look quite right to me...but her hair looks fantastic.
So, like I said, just a little recap.....I didn't want to bore y'all. =D I do love talking about fashion....trust me, if I ever get to walk the red carpet, I am discovering things I love....and things I hate! =D












3 comments:
Totally watched this show last night...
I didn't see a lot of dresses that I liked but... I did think Carrie looked stunning in a couple of her ensembles - I am going to be honest though, I didn't love the first dress. She and Brad are HILARIOUS together though (hopefully they continue to be asked to host!). Taylor's dress... no, I didn't love it, but at least it wasn't one of her signature short sparkly gowns (those can only go so far). Jennifer (Sugarland) did look pretty although as you say, I wouldn't wear the dress. Kimberly from the Band Perry had an attractive gown (the red one) on - and it was modest too!
Guess that's all I can think of for now...
I think Taylor's dress is pretty...for a bridal dress :D
Carrie is so ridiculously classy. :) And thanks for posting that pic of Josh Dallas -- SWOON! :)
Post a Comment