Sunday, November 24, 2013

Giving Thanks

I have been silent for almost a month. It is not completely by choice. I have been out of town, to a wedding, back in town and back to routines....the holidays are coming up so I'm gearing up for lots of baking...I still have work and college. So yes, it's been crazy.

However, I have also been quiet by choice. The Lord has been teaching me a lot of things lately. Things that I cannot explain--I don't even want to attempt to--and so I do not try.

All of it, though, has caused me to come before the Throne. Seeking, praying, and praising.....

In this season of giving thanks, I want to always pause and thank my Lord for what He is doing. For the confusing moments that draw me closer to Him. For blessing me beyond measure with so many things. For extending me mercy and grace each day, things I do not deserve.

Sigh. I might be an English major, but my words are failing me today. I'm thankful for family and friends who love me even when such events happen ;) I encourage y'all, in the midst of this week, to really pause and thank God--for the little things and the big things. Stand with arms high and heart abandoned in awe of the One who gave us all of this.

He is good.

I might be back before Thanksgiving but if not....may you all have a wonderful day, full of laughter, food, family, and blessings <3 p="">
Ella

3 comments:

Ryan & Anna Wolfe said...

Love you friend! I'm thankful for all the Lord is teaching you and how He is being glorified in your life! -Anna

Rissi said...

...in case you aren't back before Thanksgiving.... Wishing you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. Hope you have a blessed day with family. :)

You've been missed, Ella.

Maxine said...

You too, Dear. This was very sweet, as usual.