I wasn't sure what to post about today. I don't have anything of great significance to report and I haven't been infected with a rare disease that would shock the medical community. Life is good, and it's normal. It has the same occurrences that it usually does. I have been consuming my time with schoolwork (though if you noticed my book log, you would see that I have finished both The Red Badge of Courage and my Ronald Reagan research. Now to get it all together!) I have piano lessons with my festival/competition looming ahead of me in March. I have been baking various things like gingerbread. (Yum!) So, unless you want to just hear about my normal, happy, contented life, I will get on with what I was going to say.
I decided to change the music on my blog. I love what I had, but it was time for a change. So, I began looking at what to put. Well, I thought of a song by an artist that I sort of like, Jeremy Camp. (Yet he can be too rocky for me at times.) Well, they didn't have the song, but I knew of another artist who sings it. So, I typed it in, and sure enough, they had it. As I started to play it, I paid really close attention to the words.
With music, I always try to hear the message in the songs. I don't like music that doesn't have something positive to say. (Unless you just want to get a dumb song stuck in your head.) So, I listened to the lyrics. "You are my supply, my breath of life, still more awesome than I know. You are my reward, with living for, still more awesome than I know. 'Cause all of You is More than Enough, all of me, for every thirst and every need you satisfy me with Your love. And all I have in You is More than Enough for me. You are my sacrifice, my greatest price, You are my coming King, You're my Everything. Aren't those words great?
Mom and Dad routinely say that my name means God is my Strength. Well, when I get down on my name not having any apparent significance, they remind me of that. When I really think about it, I see how true it is. God IS my strength, my sustenance, He's More than Enough. Now, I do need things like family, friends, clothing, shelter, and things like that. Yet it all pales in comparison with having a Friend beside you at All times; a friend who always has a ready ear and an encouraging word; a friend who loved Me enough to suffer and die that I may have the promise of life with Him. How can He NOT be more than enough.
I do struggle in my walk with the Lord at times. Yet I always need to be reminded that He is my everything, and he will satisfy my every need. One way He does that is by giving me my wonderful family and my like-minded friends. I am thankful to Him for you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











9 comments:
I just finished reading The Red Badge of Courage for school also!
Hah! I am still on David Copperfield! I it sooo mcuh. I am doing a bio on George Washington Carver.
I've also been memorizing a couple of piano pieces for festival competition. Memorizing is not my strong point, so I really have to work at it.
One of my pieces is Moonlight Sonata. It's been a challenge, for sure!
erm... you forgot the your enoughs x781234981273461923874192837628249237462823746283748273192837461293847 at the end!!
Very uplifting post!!
i don't get it shifty.
me niether.
Emily, what did you think of Red Badge of Courage? I hated it! (Pardon the word!) It was just terrible.
Grace, I hope to read David Cooperfield eventually. A Tale of Two Cities was too...boring. Yawn!
Miriam, I also will be memorizing my pieces as well. One of mine is Mozart's Sonata in C. Memorizing an entire movement is going to be an interesting challenge. I can imagine it will just as hard as Beethoven. (He's my favorite!)
Shifty, I felt the enoughs would be too long and ordinary.
Mom, I am glad you liked the post. It's true of me; you remind me of that all the time.
I get it now. (i'm not as dumb as y'all think I am.)
Post a Comment