Monday, January 01, 2007

Game Day Yesterday....and Today.

Welcome to the first post of 2007! Did you all ring in the New Year? My family did. If you noticed the title, we had a game night last night. Normally we have them every Friday night at home; last night, it was at church. Instead of having Sunday evening service, we had a food and game fellowship. (Our church is know very well for that. I wouldn't be surprised if we were known world-wide:-) Anyway, we went to church at six like usual. Pastor Jeff had us sing a hymn, and then, we ate..and ate..and ate. That makes us seem like gluttons, but we aren't. I think we just like to eat.

After some of us were done, finally, eating, we played various games. I know Mom and Dad played Balderdash. I have never played it; they will have to teach me. What was I doing, you might ask? Well, some of the teens, and a few adults, played Apples to Apples. We brought the game, and most people knew how to play it. If I remember correctly, I think Wyatt won with four cards. Normally, we have people get seven or eight, but when you are playing with twelve people, it takes far too long already!

Once we finished that game, the teens played spoons. I, like Balderdash, had never played it, but it really was easy to do. Let's see.....who played: Shifty, Garrity, Wyatt, Isaac, Owen, Peter, Cody, Jason Lav, Angela, Christina, Grace, Brianne, Shelley, and Myself. (Not all of those are "teens," but our church doesn't make a big deal about that.) I am surprised that I did very well. No, I didn't win, but I thought I would have gone out in the opening round. I even won a fight for the spoon. :-) It was a lot of fun. I think the teens will have to do it again.

Now, I wish I had pictures. We were almost to church, when, all of a sudden, I started calling myself a knucklehead. I had planned on bringing the camera, but I forgot it. However, plenty of other people brought their's. Mom has e-mailed a friend of hers, and she will get some to us. So, if I decided to post this now, I will do the pics once I have them on my computer. Sorry you can't see them now!

Now, it's game day again. No, we aren't playing board games or having friends over. It's football! To set your mind at ease, our family is not major sport fans. However, our Boise State Broncos, the college football team, is playing in the Fiesta Bowl. (Our colors are blue and orange; thus the colors of this post.) We aren't the people who paint their chests or other gross things, though we are wearing blue and orange shirt, scarfs, vests, etc. We are all geared up for to tonight. We are going to eat snack foods, including tostitos! I will let you know who wins. Hopefully, I will have favorable news. Go Broncos!!!! (Brianne, if we do lose, don't rub it in my face:-) I know it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but we are looking forward to spending time together watching it and rooting for our underdogs.

Again, this isn't an overly unlifting post, but I want you to see that we love doing things as a family. I don't always need to find my meaning in peers, though I love being with them. My family is soooo cool! So, expect more on this post later!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on having your team win! :-D

TigerLily said...

I can't beleive you think I would rub it in your face. I now what you think of me now, I guess. Anyways, who won spoons?

Ella said...

The Broncos win was super!!!!!! I will be talking all about it later. Brianne, I figured you would make a joke..or at least your dad. :-D AS to who won spoons, I think Jason and Shelley did.

Anonymous said...

BSU ROCKED!!!

Ella said...

Yeah!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, we do have alot of fun together as a family, don't we? I love spending time with you!

Anonymous said...

Spoons is a lot of fun. The Harts and us have many memories of that game... =)

TigerLily said...

nope. I am usually not the type to gloat when I win (or the team I am rooting for). I hate it when people do that. i am pretty happy at bsu's accomplishment.