Thursday, February 22, 2007

Creamy Garden Spagetti

I just want to share a recipe that my family really enjoys. In fact, I made it for dinner this evening. And Dad has some for lunch tomorrow. I will give you the recipe, and then the G Family's alterations:-)

1/2 pound broccoli florets
1 1/2 cups sliced zucchini
1 1/2 cups mushrooms
1 large carrot
1 TBSP olive oil
8 oz. uncooked spagetti
1/4 cup chopped onion
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
1 teaspoon dried thyme
2 cups milk
1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

In a large skillet, saute the broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms, and carrots in oil until crisp-tender. Remove and set aside. Cook spagetti like usual. In another saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, bouillon, and thyme until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat and stir in cheeses until melted. Add the vegetables and heat through. Drain spagetti and toss with vegetable mixture.

Ok, we have cahanged the recipe in these ways. I use penne noodles instead of spagetti. (It is easier for your fork to get a hold of:-) Also, I use parmesan and swiss cheeses as a general rule. (today, though, it was parmesan and mozzarella.) It is best to have everything cut, measured, and rady to go, or else you are bound top burn the milk or something. Other than that, I haven't come up with any improvisions yet. Have fun! And Happy Cooking!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for making dinner tonight. It was absolutely delicious!!!
You all must be sure to try this recipe....you will love it.

Shifty said...

mmmm sounds yummmmy

Anonymous said...

yumm! i'll have to try it out!

Anonymous said...

Post! Post! :-)