As everyone knows, we celebrated Memorial Day this past weekend. We remember those who have died (or fallen in war) and give thanks to those who are in harm's way for our sake. Well, as March and April approached, our family wondered if we were going to have another BBQ and who we'd invite. Mom really wanted to shake it up this year. "Why have the exact group that we always socialize with? Let's invite people that we don't really know or who have younger children! It doesn't mean that we don't like the usual crowd; I just would like a change." So, that's what we did. Despite my hesitation, I thought the idea was a good one....and I definitely think so now. Just because I am seventeen doesn't mean I have to hang with just teenagers. Various age groups are loads more fun!!! We had less people this year (maybe 30 something) we had far too much food, and a great time of fellowship. I will post some pictures of our happenings. (Knowing blogger, it might end up in two posts:-)
All the yummy food....potato salad, chili cornbread salad, vegetable salad, another potato salad, condiments, meat....yum!
Some of the little ones on the trampoline
People, my brother included, relaxing in the shade
Some of the men playing Blongo Ball...it's a really cool game. (I think it's 'the thing' now.)
I was so glad that the Dy's came to our picnic. That made it a whole lot of fun!
Some of the women doing what they do best: talking! :-) (I shouldn't mock! I talk too:-)
Lindsey, my little sister, and Cassandra. Aren't they cute?!
Dad, relaxing. I believe he deserves it, and he definitely loves the hammock! :-)

This was a sad sight. Anneliese and Lindsey's little sisters, Elizabeth and Isabelle, weren't happy at all. Here is Elizabeth frowning behind Garrett's pitchback:-(

And he is Isabelle, crying on the hammock:-(
Well, it took three daysm but I got all of the pictures up. I hope you can see that we had a lovely time. God provided absolutely beautiful weather, unlike last year, when we thought it would pour on us! Truly, God was good to us this past Memorial Day. I pray that He was to ya'll as well.
8 comments:
It looks like you had a fun time! I hope you're doing well! I'll talk to you soon! Martha and I are in Philiadelphia now, so maybe I'll have to call you.
It WAS a fun BBQ, wasn't it? And it was nice to shake it up a bit and invite people that are not part of our usual crowd.
Alice, I hope you and your sister have a super time in Philadelphia. Do some of the tourist thing for Gabrielle!!! She would love to go there. Actually, I would enjoy seeing all the historical things as well. I actually grew up in Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh), but I never visited the Eastern part of the state. Enjoy!
Alice, we did have a great time. I am doing well, and I hope you are as well. I still have zero clue why you are in Philly, but I am sure that you will fill me in eventually. Mom is right: do some touring for me!
Mom, it was a nice time, and I am glad we invited different people.
Looks like fun! Thanks for posting.
Blongo Ball looks a lot like a game we recently played with some friends, which they called Bolo Golf. It was a lot of fun, though hard to aim!
Oh, I didn't realize that I hadn't told you why I was here! :-) We're working in the office of some of the leaders of Joni and Friends Retreats until camp in a week and a half! We're working hard, but having lots of fun! :-)
Anna, It is hard, for me anyway. Perhaps that's why I didn't play it:-)
Alice, I am glad that you are having fun. Boy, lots of stories for an e-mail.
You both are in my thoughts and prayers!
I like the new blog look!! Very pretty...and so you!
I like the background! Very nice!
Post a Comment