I love trying out new recipes. I won't deny that I am hesitant at times. What if they taste terrible? However, I try to make cooking an adventure. It would be pretty boring cooking the same things all the time. So, when Mom bought this cookbook, Keeping Good Company, I discovered this recipe. It's really good, so I thought to post it. I hope you enjoy it. (Our family has made it slightly healthier, by using wheat flour and a natural sugar, but you can definitely use what it calls for.)
1/3 cup softened butter
1 1/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cup water
2 bananas, coarsely mashed (not pureed)
1 2/3 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 TBSP. suagr mixed with 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat together first four ingredients until well-blended. Stir in bananas and next six ingredients. Mix well. Spread batter into a greased bundt pan and sprinkle top with pecans and the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Bake for about 40 minutes (or until tester comes out clean.) Allow to cool in pan.
If you can't tell, this recipe is super easy to make!! In fact, I have to go whip one up for a food fellowship tomorrow. I love finding simple, yet satisfying, goodies! Enjoy!
Saturday, May 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











3 comments:
Umm... Sounds good! I should definitely try this sometime - I enjoy finding new recipes!
That sounds delicious! I'll have to try it, too.
that sounds tasty and all, but what really sounds good to me is a post on how yall are doing??
Post a Comment