Friday, August 03, 2007

Truly, Great is His Faithfulness


Great is Thy faithfulness, O God, my Father
There is no shadow of turning with Thee.
THOU CHANGEST NOT; Thy compassions they fail not.
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.


Great is Thy faithfulness! Great us Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided.
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me!


I owe a lot of thanks to Mrs. Beverly. When I did my latest post, I wasn't remembering my blog title and my blog "bio." I was more like, "Okay, bring on the pain....but..." I wasn't thinking of the fact that God promises to be faithful ALWAYS, in whatever situation I might find myself. Even though my situation is always changing, He never does! He promises to give me "strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow."

On my profile, I say that "wherever I am in life, and regardless of my emotions, you will be able to see the Lord high and lifted up in my blog." I don't think I did that as much as I should have. Yes, MercyMe's Bring the Rain ministered to me, but I was still feeling sorry for myself. I just need the constant reminders of who He is and what He promises. I need to remember that He is holding my life's script, and that He is faithful to see it to completion. That (the knowledge that He is in charge of the situation) needs to be "more than enough" for me.

I do want to thank ya'll for the prayers. I greatly appreciate them. I believe in the power of prayer, and it is so wonderful to be able to lift fellow believers before the Throne. I will keep ya'll posted on how the Lord leads my parents...and on how He is growing me and teaching me more and more about His Great Faithfulness!

1 comment:

Beverly said...

Oh Ella, I am so glad that God is teaching you about His faithfulness! Thank you for writing out some of that wonderful hymn -- I think we all need to remind ourselves of those words periodically!