Friday, August 10, 2007

What Do You Think About This?

Unlike most teenagers, I enjoy reading about politics, what is going on the world. Yes, it is mostly bad, depressing things, but I want to know. I want to be informed, and not be like the typical people who do not care where their nation is heading. So, when Mom mentioned to me something she read, I was alert and curious.

Mom had read this post on Mrs. Stacy MacDonald's blog. Apparently, there is the threat of women going into the draft, if that comes back around again. This isn't the first time the threat has been there; Mr. Doug Phillips had a newsletter on the subject back in 2004. However, another VITAL election is coming up, and this is an important issue for me regarding a candidate.

Unfortunately, women have brought this "threat" upon themselves. Seriously, this post could have gone in my series, because it goes along with it very well. Since our previous generations wanted to be like men, and hold a man's position, it makes sense that the women in the draft would be another step towards doom ;-)

I support our armed forces; I believe our soldiers do a lot to protect our freedoms. However, I really do not believe women should be in the service, regardless if it means being in combat or sitting in a recruiting office. Man and woman were created with different roles. God told Eve to be a helpmeet to Adam, not go out and kill people.

So, I am going to do my homework on this. I am going to pay much attention to not only the Presidential candidates, but with my local representatives as well, to see what their thoughts are on the subject. Mostly, I will pray that the Lord would spare the judgment that comes with women in such positions (like Deborah in the Bible) However, I want to hear ya'lls opinions. What do you think about women being in the military? Do you think they should be included in the draft? Is it okay for them to be there period? Or do you have an absolute problem with it, as I do? I look forward to hearing from you! God bless!

7 comments:

Anna Naomi said...

I cannot imagine being drafted - that would just be awful!! The military just doesn't seem the place for women. I'll be praying good leaders are elected - ones that won't execute this.

It's amazing to think that we'll be able to vote in the presidential election in 2008 - wow!

Anonymous said...

You know where I stand. I am COMPLETELY opposed to women in the military. I don't think they have any business being there. I think it is sad that many children right now are being raised by people other than their parents because their mom thought being a soldier more worthy a calling than being a mother and a keeper of the home.

Women were given the noble job of guarding (keeping) their homes. And because mom has not been there to guard---because she's doing "more important" things---the children have headed down the path of destruction.

Ella said...

Anna, I can't inmagine being drafted either. That was something decades ago! Also, I can't imagine being able to vote either!

Mom, I also can struggle with kids being raised by someone other than their parent. Yet it bugs me even more when there is a daddy and the mother is off at war. The situation should be reversed!

Bethany said...

I have always felt that we as women and future help meets to our husbands should not be placed in any other place except the home. I will be praying along with you, even if it will be three years before I can vote.
Bethany

Ella said...

I quite agree with you, Bethany!

Amanda said...

Hello! I found your blog through Maidens of Worth. I am very against women being drafted, and it is almost scary to think that the threat is so near. Now is a good time to remember to place our hope in the Lord and to pray for change in our country.

Blessings,
Amanda

Ella said...

Amanda, I am so glad that you found my blog. I have been on yours several times (though I haven't commented) I hope you enjoy this blog when you read.

I quite agree with you that we need to take this time to pray for the Lord to save our country. God alone can do it!