Thought you all might like to know how my weekend was. It certainly held a variety of emotions. A lot of weekends are like that =)
The Good: Our pastor did a very good sermon on the Sixth Commandment yesterday. He actually took a stance on something, which means a big deal to my family. It's been a problem we've been having: no one takes a stance on anything. But yesterday he did....can you think on what?
GAS PRICES ARE BELOW THE $2 MARK EVERYWHERE IN THE VALLEY!!!!! FINALLY!!!!
We watched quite a number of good suspense movies. I think some have gone into the favorites category, at least for Mom and myself.
The Bad: None of you really follow college football like I do, so I won't go into details. I have just come to the conclusion that the people who pick the bowl games are snobby, elitest, and they don't like Cinderella stories.....That doesn't make sense. Boise State was a Cinderella once, their record is certainly deserving....but no. Sure we have one game to go......but we'll get hosed.
So you can imagine the tirades I have launched into =) Just ask the family. It's only a game, but I do enjoy it.
The Ugly: The pea soup fog we had all day yesterday. It looked like something you would have in the middle of January. I sure wish I had gotten a picture, so you could have seen how bad it was. Today, we've got frost. I probably should expect that in late November, but I don't really want it.
How was y'alls weekend? What was the good? Was there a bad? And how about an ugly? I would enjoy hearing about it!
Monday, November 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











7 comments:
I enjoyed this post Ella. :)
I had a fairly good weekend... Actually a very good weekend! :P
Not that this is very exciting to anyone else: My cousin spent the night with me on Friday night, and we did crafts much of the day on Saturday, and I went to a family reunion on Sunday, where I got to spend even more time with my cousins. It was a very pleasant and fun weekend! :)
Although I must admit, Monday is turning out as bright as the weekend. Of course we all know that Monday is the worst day of the week. ;-)
~Madison
Amen!! Amen on all of it. Pastor's sermon was wonderful. It was nice hearing him take a stand on something...especially such a controversial subject.
I'm with you on the bowl game nonsense as well. Go figure!! A team with 2 losses gets a better bowl game than a team with zero losses? Doesn't make sense to me. But, I know, those SEC teams play a harder schedule, so, of course, they automatically get the better bowl game. Or so the logic goes.
And the weather. A big thumbs-down for me. It's looking like it will be a LONG winter.
Love,
Mom
What a great idea!!
The Good: I reached 50,000 words in my NaNoWriMo novel. Definitely something "good"! :-D hehe.
Oh, and that ridiculous amount of Christmas cds I ordered from the library finally came in! :-D
The Bad: Just found out that a guy at our Church who has been an older brother figure is leaving to join the Marines on December 1st.
:( *sniff*
The Ugly: My bedroom at the moment. It's screaming for me to go clean it. Hehe.
Have a marvelous week, Ella! And thanks for the great post! I loved reading your week's "happenings"! :-)
Love, Jessica
I had a good weekend... except it went by too fast. You see, I have a grudge against my Monday morning alarm clock... anyway, we had my cousin over for the week and she is always hilarious to be around.
We are having the same foggy weather you are having. Don't you think foggy days are kinda fun? It makes the house more cozy I think. Except, I will admit that driving up the mountain in the fog is a little... scary. But not to bad. It is actually fun, only because I know every curve. :)
Sorry about your team... ROLL TIDE! (I had to do that because of my sisters... nothing personal)
Love you!
Kaysie
Madison, I bet your family reunion was fun! When we had a 50th anniversary in 2003, I bet so many relatives....and got overwhelemed.
Mom, I bet it was a one time thing with Brad....maybe. And as to the Broncos, two losses are much less deserving than their recond if being undefeated!
Jessica, I love Christmas cds. I have to put one I want on hold =) I was so glad to hear that you did 50,000 words. I think I will do it next year. How hard to have a friend leave =) As to your room, I am sure it isn't that ugly =)
Kaysie, I have a grudge against my alarm clock as well. Actually. I haven't followed it this year so far. What with Garrett's surgery and all. Fog kind of creeps me out; I feel like I am the only person in the world and I HATE that feeling.
You can tell your sisters that I am torn between rooting for the Tide or not. If they play Florida...I can't stand the Gators. But I want MY team to be undefeated =)
My weekend went by quickly...
The good: I got to sleep in on Saturday - until 10 a.m. (but I was up until Midnight on Friday, so I had an excuse! - and it felt so refreshing! I had started to feel really worn down, so that was good.
The bad: We had to watch Death of a Salesman for English class on Saturday afternoon because we read it and have to write a paper on it. Let's just say the story is pretty depressing, and the movie very long!
The ugly: Hmm... Can't think of anything!
My weekend was very stressful (because of all the exams I had to study for). But on Sunday I also heard a really thought-provoking sermon that was excellent. And while I was studying, I had loads of tea and hot chocolate, so that cheered me up. =) And Jessica, I just got a ton of Christmas cds from the library too! The librarians at my library know me by name now because I'm always putting things on hold there. =)
Post a Comment