Friday, September 25, 2009

Several I Enjoy

**Once again, I am going to want to know more about y'all**

I have been greatly encouraged and pleased with the responses I have received on my latest posts. It appears like most of you "live out of the box" as well. I plan on doing more along the fashion line in a few days (you know how it goes, you want to do something really good, so you have to write it ahead of time first)

So, I thought I would take some time and give you another glimpse into "the real me."

It has been quite some time since I have done movie reviews of any sort. I have been considering getting back into that habit. In the meantime, I thought I would "recommend" or tell you about some of the TV shows that I enjoy watching..........lest I send the wrong message, I am not one of those types that watches TV with every waking moment. =) I do watch something every day.....but I have usually been in the kitchen first =)

Be prepared to hear about some that I am almost positive you have never heard of!

1.) Little House on the Prairie--I grew up watching this show. Over the years, Mom and Dad have bought for me every season and even the TV movies. Since I know every episode backwards and forwards and upside down, I haven't turned one on in quite a while. And since you know about the show, I don't need to say more.

2.) The Waltons--Another one that the majority of households has probably seen. My library has each and every season, so I have enjoyed watching those as I can. I am honest enough with you to admit that I don't like John-Boy (so consequently, I prefer the later seasons)

3.) Perry Mason--The first in what you will see is a trend....I love crime shows. Perry Mason was made in the late 1950's/early '60's; he is a criminal lawyer. Along with his secretary and his private detective, Perry is always on a mission to find who "really" committed the murder....because it isn't his client. Usually, though, cases stem around someone has been carrying on with someone who isn't their spouse....but thankfully, TV had standards back then, so nothing was shown.

4.) The Fugitive--This is a relatively new one that Mom remembers her mom watching. It's the story of Richard Kimble, a man convicted of murdering his wife....only he didn't do it. He has fled from the police (who are usually right on his tail) and is searching for "the man with one arm" who he saw leaving his house the night of the murder. While this show was made in the 1960's, everything is decent once again.

5.) Sue Thomas, F.B.Eye--Chances are, that unless you have Gospel Music Channel, you wouldn't have seen this one. It was made in the 2000's, but golly, with GMC, you don't have to worry about anything =) It is the story of a deaf woman, who with her ability to read lips, works in the F.B.I. What I really love with this show is the cast that you have with every episode--they are like one big family--just like Little House on the Prairie. It's also got a good looking guy, a sweet girl, and one of the cutest dogs =)

6.) Monk--Ah, the new show that I enjoy every now and then. I can't exactly recommend every episode.....because since it is new, and TV doesn't mind showing things sometimes......I always have a remote handy. But on the episodes that are clean......I love watching an OCD detective try to solve murder cases, all the while being a little on the goofy side. I only tell you about this because I have to paint an honest picture of myself.

7.) America's Got Talent--The same goes with AGT. This is one of those "reality" TV shows that my family really got into this year. Granted, on some acts, my family and I flipped the channel (but thankfully, America voted them off the show) Especially this year, the singing was really, really good.

8.) The Big Valley--When it was made, in the 1960's, The Big Valley was a lot like Bonanza. It's the story of a rich family who owns a lot of property in 1800's California. It has a matriarch, three young men, and one young woman. The only issue with the show is that the very first episode centers around one of the boys coming and saying he is an "illegtimate child" from the father of the clan.....but again, nothing to worry about (and he's my favorite of the boys anyway =)

Okay, I think eight is a good start of some I enjoy; I could mention that I love What Not to Wear and Chopped (which is a cooking show).....but I won't! Tell me, what are some TV shows you and your family enjoy watching.

12 comments:

Jenna said...

Hi Ella~
Quite honestly, we don't watch tv...if we watch something it is usually a dvd such as p&p, S&S, Fireproof or something like that, that the whole family enjoys. Dad just bought a converter box, but that's for the world series baseball when that comes on...

Now you know a little bit more about me:) I love your posts; they're very interesting and I love your honesty:)

Blessings~
Jenna

p.s. I have alot of barn chores too, so that usually uses up any "spare" time that I might use to watch something;)

Patti said...

As you know (since we live in the same house), we spent years refusing to watch anything on TV, convinced that ALL of it was trash and that watching anything was sin. While there is ALOT of junk, there are some interesting, informative, entertaining shows, and it not doing anything sinful to watch them. So while we throw out the bath water (the junk), I'm glad we're not throwing out the baby (good stuff) as well.

Love,
Mom

Ella said...

Jenna, just so you know, the bulk of these we watch on DVD (since they have been off the air for over thirty years) Only a few do I watch on "tv" tv.

Anna Naomi said...

I haven't watched TV in a long time, aside from the rare thing I catch watching by when Jubilee or mom watches something. When I was younger, I enjoyed the old shows - Roy Rodgers, Annie Oakley, The Beverly Hillbillies, and The Lucy Show. We watched a little Bonanza and Little House on the Prairie as well. Then there were a few half hour cartoons for a while, Little Women and The Swiss Family Robinson being favorites.

We also watched Sue Thomas FBI a little when we got that channel, and enjoyed it!

Ella said...

Anna, most of what I love are the old shows =) But isn't Sue Thomas great?

Sue said...

As you know...we don't watch much tv. No offense..but I HATE 'what not to wear'....they rub me the wrong way, as does anyone who thinks to dictate to me 'what to wear'...I wear what I like, but at 44 years old, I don't care what others think! LOL YOu know me! We've recently started watching 'extreme makeover:home edition"...Ronnie loves it, and sometimes 'are you smarter than a 5th grader'...other than that, some hallmark movies, the waltons, and dvds...Anna does like her "berenstein bears", though! As for fashion...mine is based on feminity, function and comfort...also what my husband likes. Not everyone likes peasant tops and peasant skirts, but he does..and luckily, I do too! Love you, Dear!

Anonymous said...

My favorite TV show... The Next Food Network Star. :) I love that show!I went through a huge Little House on the Prairie phase after reading the books, so I also watched the show and read the books and knew the books upside down and every page.

Sara said...

Little House on the Prairie is one of my all-time favorite shows. =) And my mom and I love watching the Food Network Channel (my mom really loves Chopeed). It's funny, because What Not to Wear has become another favorite of ours--the season is over for now and we miss it a lot! I haven't heard of some of those other shows, but I have been curious about Monk, so maybe I'll get the DVDs out for that one.
I guess I owe the blogging world a post soon--hopefully I'll get to that this week!
Have a great day Ella. =)

Ella said...

Sara, considering it is you....I would say watch Monk =) My brother, Dad, and I quite enjoy it.

Isn't Food Network great? I love several programs on there....and What Not to Wear is something Mom and I enjoy watching as well

Jessica McDonald said...

I love "America's Got Talent"! And I remember watching "Little House on the Prairie" and "The Waltons" long ago...I should watch those again!

Have you seen "MacGyver"? There's only an episode or two in the first two seasons (I've only seen the first two seasons.) that have anything slightly questionable (not really offensive, just questionable.). Otherwise they are SO much fun!!! I think you would enjoy them!

My favorite TV shows will have to be,

MacGyver
Jeeves and Wooster
Fear Factor (some have been offensive, but most are just grossly fascinating! lol!)
Britain's Got Talent
America's Got Talent
Leave It To Beaver
Gomer Pyle USMC

I love your posts, Ella! Keep up the good work! :)

Alexandra said...

1. Jeeves and Wooster. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. Hugh Laurie is AMAZING.

2. Beverly Hillbillies

3. The Andy Griffith Show

4. Hogan's Heroes

5. The Rat Patrol (oooold 60's WW2 series.)

Loved this!

Neesie said...

I didn't even see this before...which is the reason I am commenting now!

We have seen most of the shows you have mentioned. And I thought I was the only one who didn't like John-boy all that much!

We watch a lot of the following:

1. Hawaii 5-0 (which does take place around a beach so you have to be careful especially with guys around)

2. The Untouchables (the old black and white ones....they are so good!)

3. The Streets of San Francisco...(my personal favorite)

4.When I go to my sister's house who has cable I watch my other two favorite shows....The Duggers and Say Yes To The Dress. Love them both!