We're about to have the last two holidays in my family--Saturday will find my family celebrating my 20th birthday (more on that in another post) and on Monday, we will celebrate my mom and dad having 24 years of marriage. Needless to say, I might not be around super much--here's why:
Friday, February 12th--The plan is for Dad and myself to go out to dinner at one of our favorite sports bar and grills. (It is especially fun to go on NFL Sunday and watch the games on big screens and you can actually hear the game =) We have a coupon so he'll be able to get his Philly cheesesteak and I'll get my mushroom Swiss burger....and we'll share a piece of Asphalt pie. Afterwards, we intend to go see a movie (two in one year at the expensive theatre!!)
Saturday, February 13th--Mom is going to take me out to the tea room for lunch, just her and me. WE'll do normal Saturday running around as well, but the tea room is an enjoyment for both of us. Mom always gets the same thing; I shake it up.......that evening, we will have my creamy lemon cheesecake and snack food as we watch two movies of my choosing (The Lake House and the other one is a Bette Davis.....which one yet I don't know)
Sunday, February 14th--This is the day that Daddy will make my typical birthday dinner. High fattening, so we only get it twice a year--my birthday and Garrett's birthday. I am looking forward to it!
Monday, February 15th--I will be in the kitchen ALL DAY...at least it seems that way. For Mom and Dad's anniversary, I am making dinner: chicken satay, beef dumplings, fried rice, lettuce salad, almond tuiles, and lime vanilla creme brulee......all of these are new recipes, so we will see how it goes.
Anyway, there is a glimpse into life around here. So forgive me if I don't post much!
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











7 comments:
How fun! I hope you have wonderful time. What movie are you going to see on your birthday?
Wow, sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead, Ella! I hope you have a great time. :)
Happy Birthday, Ella! Have a delightful couple of days celebrating:)
When I was reading the menu for your parents anniversary, I kept thinking "How sweet that she does taht instead of them going out!"
Have fun, and if the recipes are good, don't forget to share them here!!!
Love,
Jenna
Sounds fun! Enjoy all that yummy food. ;) I'm praying that you'll have a wonderful birthday!
Love you!
Anna
What wonderful plans...I hope you have a wonderful time.
Enjoy your birthday and be blessed, my dear friend!!!
Hey, I’ve just started a brand new blog called “Bess’ Bag” (http://bessbag.blogspot.com/). Please feel free to stop by and see what’s going on. It’s a blog about fashion, crafts, God, & lots of various randomness. I look forward to meeting you at Bess’ Bag!
-Bess-
P.S.: Lovely blog & happy belated b-day!
Hi!
I just found your blog! I really like it!!
I hope you had a great week and a wonderful birthday!
Enjoy being 20!!! (From another 20 year old.:))
Blessings,
Laura
Post a Comment