This picture is from Friday. Anna and Jennifer share the exact same birthday--so, we decided to celebrate their birthdays a month early with a cake. Let me tell you, chocolate cake with chocolate frosting is not my first choice--it was theirs--but it was so very good. Granted, it was super fattening--but you are able to splurge every once in a while.
Saturday we stayed close to home, scrapbooking pictures of the visit up to that point. I am much more inclined to scrapbook when I do it with people and now, I have five pages to show for my work. It isn't that much, but it is better than nothing.
Sunday we went to church and out to El Tenampa, our favorite Mexican restaurant here. When we got home, we decided to take a silly picture of all of us in our church dresses. I was petrified Miriam was going to drop me....but she didn't.
When Dad and Garrett got home from their weekend camping trip, we decided to brave the weather (which honestly wasn't that great) and take a hike. We wound up driving most of the week and then walking a little bit, but the view was oh so great. Table Rock overlooks my city and it definitely showed itself off proudly!
It might be hard to believe but there is actually a cross up on the hill. It lights up at night and when you drive into the city, you can see it shining proudly. It warms my heart!

Monday was our final day....and it was crazy busy. I live in a capitol city, so Jen asked if we could go inside the capitol. That wasn't even on my list--but I'm glad it was on hers. Mondays are pretty much deadwood, so we could tour around at our leisure. (I debated about going into the House and Senate chambers....only I was afraid that someone would show up.....)
I was very happy that the weather was blue and sunny for the girls final day here. I had been a bit concerned that they would never see my city at its best. But we were able to go out and enjoy the rose garden--which was only beginning to bud.
We took walks on the greenbelt

Monday night was really special. Before we all fell asleep, we spent time praying for each other. This emotional girl lost it--and I truly felt God's presence. It was a richly blessing of a visit.
Next on my radar is my becoming the guest. In ten days I will taking a return trip to Pittsburgh. You will probably hear from me before then--but if not, there will be plenty of pictures for you to see and enjoy!











4 comments:
WHOOO HOO! Miss you and can't wait to see you-less than 12 days. :)
Looks like a great visit! And I know what you mean about chocolate cake and chocolate icing... that's *way* too rich for me! My brother Josh loves it though! haha ;D
I can't wait to hear about your trip to Pittsburgh! I'm sure you'll have a blast with those girls. :)
~ Love,
Lindsay
Good to see your recap! We have wonderful memories, don't we? :)
I miss you, and am so thankful for the time we got to spend together. Praise God for these friendships!
And thanks for hosting us - it was a pleasure and joy to be in and around your home!
Hi Ella! You have been featured on http://www.youngchristianbloggers.blogspot.com
Head over to find other like-minded bloggers and their blogs!
(although there aren’t many listed just now – have just started!)
Post a Comment