Saturday, July 31, 2010

Friends

"Friends are an indispensible part of a meaningful life.

They are the ones who share our burdens and multiply our blessings

A true friends sticks by us in our joys and sorrows.

In good times and bad, we need friends who will pray for us, listen to us, and lend a comforting hand."
--Beverly LaHaye
My time in Pittsburgh was truly this quote in action. I got to meet new friends who I hope will grow into better ones. I got to know a few people from last year better.....and I grew even closer to the friends I went to see in the first place. The latter are now considered my second family =D
Daily life doesn't hold friends for me. Because of things in the past, people have written me off...and consequently, I have no one where I live to do things with, all of the normal things a twenty year old does. I do have my family, and if it wasn't for the amazing relationship I have with them, I don't know where I would be. But there is something for having friends.
I hope you have friends that live this quote. I know I do--and I thank God for them!




4 comments:

sarah elaine said...

Just so you know, Gabrielle, I had a BLAST hanging out with you and Meghan!

I love you lots!! :) I am sooooo happy I got to get to know you a lot more!

can't wait to see you again!

love,
sarah elaine :)

Anna Naomi said...

Wonderful pictures and quote! So sweet!

Sue said...

Remember 'Toy Story 2'? "You've got a friend in me!"

Yes, we love you, Missy...and miss you terribly! Thank goodness for free long distance! You are a blessing to our family and we can't wait till you come back! Love you! ~Aunt Suzie~

Anonymous said...

You had to post this since we're missing you so much?! JK My eyes are all misty-eyed now, Gabrielle. Love you much!