Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wait For Me

I've been thinking a lot about marriage lately. Perhaps it is because several of those closest to me are experiencing it in some form or other--one has been asked to be in a relationship, a cousin is getting married, a girl I know just got married, a dear friend has celebrated her one year anniversary and has a baby now...it is everywhere I seem to turn these days.

Some women are called to singleness; a girl I am beginning to e-mail back and forth definitely is in the category....but am I? In all honesty, I believe no. Over two years ago, I believe God told me that "he had somebody better for me." It's a long story (and one you don't need to know) of how I came to feel the Lord impress those words upon my heart--let's just say I know they are of Him because it couldn't have been from anything of my making.

Despite that knowledge, I have my despairing moments--the days in which I doubt that my loving Father has a guy for me. The days in which I cannot rise above my circumstances and see my dreams come true. For the briefest minute this past week, I had these such thoughts take over my mind. I repented of them, sure; I played the song "While I'm Waiting, by John Waller" over and over again as I shed a few tears....I was honest about what I was feeling with my Heavenly Father (and my dear mom =)

I can't say I know when my Mr. Right, Prince Charming, Republican voting, homeschool supporting, sports watching Christian guy is going to come into my life (and that's just a few things....it's too much to hope for a Matt Damon/Josh Duhamel/Rock Hudson lookalike with a William Holden smile and who will age like Geroge Clooney/Cary Grant =D) But I do know that God is preparing him for me....and me for him. In the meantime, I pray: pray for the ability to put my thoughts aside as I watch friends go before me, pray for them as they embark on a new stage in life, and pray for my future husband....wherever he may be.


Wait For Me--by Rebecca St. James


Darling did you know that I
I dream about you
Waiting for the look in your eyes
When we meet for the first time
Darling did you know that I
I pray about you
Praying that you will hold on
And keep your loving eyes only for me

Cause,I am waiting for
Praying for you darling
Wait for me too
Wait for me as I wait for you
Cause, I am waiting for
Praying for you darling
Wait for me too
Wait for me as I wait for you
Darling wait
Darling wait

Darling did you know I dream about life together
Knowing it will be forever
I'll be yours and you'll be mine
And darling when I say
Till death do us part
I'll mean it with all of my heart
Now and always faithful to you

Cause, I am waiting for
Praying for you darling
Wait for me too
Wait for me as I wait for you
Cause, I am waiting for
Praying for you darling
Wait for me too
Wait for me as I wait for you
Darling wait
Darling wait

Now I know you may have made mistakes
But there's forgiveness and a second chance
So wait for me
Darling wait for me
Wait for me
wait for me

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep on believing and have faith dear, I know how hard it is. Just ask me, a 25 year old still waiting and still having those hard days sometimes. But I find encouragement in the Scripture, in others who have walked the same path, and I believe He has promised me a future which includes marriage. *hugs*

Jill said...

The right man is out there for you and he will be worth waiting for! Stay true to yourself, you will know when he's the one. I met my husband when I was 16, engaged at 17 married at 19 and 20 years later
(dating and married) we are still going strong when so many said we wouldn't make it. That we were too young to know love. Love is truly tested in the hard times. Someone who is not going to give up when things get tough. I'm certain God has a plan for you, in time it will all make sense. I wish you all the very best.
Many blessings,
Jill

Ella said...

Delightinginhim, I take great comfort in the Scriptures as well. Usually, though, hymns and Christian songs sum up my feelings and I feel the Lord speaking to me through them.

Mrs. Jill, that is wonderful--your story I mean. Okay, so you were married when you were my age now...but each person's love story is scripted differently. And you are right, it will all make sense someday!

Sue said...

Oh, Gabrielle....we're praying for you, dear, special daughter of my heart! Someday, when I hold your child on my lap, these days will be just a distant memory...overtaken with the joy of the present. I promise you. Much love to you!

Southern Lady said...

What a beautiful Christ-like attitude you have! Keep praying...God will answer! Carla

Anonymous said...

You've tasted and seen that the Lord is good and has been all through the tapestry of your life. :) (I love that analogy, btw!) And He will be still-even in these hard times of waiting. I loved Mum's comment...I'm counting myself an honorary aunt when you're married and expecting some day. :)

Isn't it so marvelous we are able to have moment-by-moment communion with our Savior through prayer? And worship/Christian songs minister to my heart as well-both of those mentioned in this post. :) Love you and lots of hugs from stormy Pittsburgh!

Bonnie said...

Hi Ella! I know the feeling you mentioned at the start of your post... I have been to five weddings this year, and have some friends who are sure to be engaged very soon, plus quite a few more who are starting relationships!!

Waiting is hard, and I also often long to be with someone, but in the meantime, let us learn to love the Lord with all our heart. :D

Sara said...

aww Ella! I haven't visited the blogger world in quite awhile, but this post is so close to my own heart and what I'm going through! I'm right with you girl...even though I can't understand exactly what you're going through because we're all different, I have these same thoughts as well and sometimes it can get discouraging. praying for you, and love you very much!

Madeline Hunt said...

I love this song! Its such a great reminder!
~Madeline
www.flameinthedarkness.com

Grace said...

That is a very good post you have there dear! It seems like waiting on the right one to come is a decade, but we must always lean on Christ and know that he has the one picked out for each and everyone of us, and that he has a certain time when he will send your future mate. Every girl waits for the moment when they will meet their Prince Charming, but we must never ever give up hope. God just puts the right man for the right girl in different areas in life. Everyone's is different.. some are younger than others, but when you wait for the right one, and on God, you'll find out in the end that it was definitely worth the wait.

Just wait on the Lord, Dear, and you will get your dream! Btw, I just LOVE the song, I've listened to it many times, and its one of my favorites. =)

Have a great day, and Happy Holidays!!

Grace

If you like you may visit me at: http://gracefulmaiden.blogspot.com/