Friday, December 31, 2010

End of the Year...But Not of His Grace

Where has the time gone? It seems like only yesterday I was watching my Broncos play in the Fiesta Bowl (winning by a score of 17-10).....yet it was in January. It seems like my Sisters of the Heart were just here.....only that was May. My visit to Pittsburgh was back in June; it seems like I was just saying tearful good-byes. I have already been working at my job for six weeks...I remember the days when I was a volunteer. Truly, the past 365 days have come and gone as quickly as could be.

I go through this every year. I wonder where the time has gone. I think about all of the accomplishments of the past year. I also think about what didn't happen. I wonder if life will always be so money conscious, if my hopes and dreams will come to pass, etc. You get the idea.

I have no idea what 2011 will hold. If you were to ask me what I think, I plan on enrolling in CollegePlus to get my degree in journalism. I will still work at the library. I will be taking a trip to Pittsburgh again to celebrate a dear sister's graduation. But all of this is my idea. I don't know what God's plan is.

I do know one thing. His grace will be neverending. I am bound to fall on my face half a billion times. I am sure to still have fear and hypochondria looming under the surface. I am going to have periods of doubt and despair. But my Father is not going to abandon me. He will pick me up when I stumble. He will wipe away my tears. He will give me evidence that He is there. And He will love me no matter what I do.

That is a promise that He will bestow on all of us this upcoming year. Head into 2011 with your head held high, knowing how much He loves you

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, sister! :) Too often I focus on what I didn't accomplish-until the Lord shows me what He has accomplished in my heart and home through His grace. :) God is mightily at work in both of our lives and hearts to refine us to be more like His Son. :)

"He's greater than my yesterdays,
He holds me close today
He's the Lord of my tomorrows!" Casting Crowns

Dakota said...

Hey, I just came across your blog by doing a bit of blog-surfing and I'm glad I did! I've added myself as your newest follower, and I hope you'll check out my Christian devotional site as well: www.nocondemnation81.blogspot.com

Have a blessed day!

In Christ,
Dakota