Dressed in the cutest black and pink party dress, with a string of pearls around her neck, she had my undivided attention as we waited for a dinner reservation. She and I talked about her dress, what she was going to have for dinner, what grade she was in school....and how she wishes she was homeschooled so she could go to school in her pajamas. ;-) This little girl reminded me of another little girl so very close to my heart. She was perky and happy....and so excited to be on a father/daughter date.
I watched the dad. He had eyes only for his little girl. You could tell that he was so happy to be spending a "fancy" evening out with his youngest. He was dressed in a suit to match her dress. He taught her a few dance steps as they waited for their reservation. And when we saw them at their table, he wasn't content to sit across from her--he pulled out her chair and sat next to his seven year old. Dinner was only the beginning; the two were on their way to a Valentine's Day dance.
Being the center of attention with a parent is a wonderful feeling. I love when Dad surprises me with going to to breakfast or yes, even going to a Boise State game. I feel like it is just him and me, that there is no one else in the whole wide world he would rather spend time with. I also feel this emotion with my mom. Today, the two of us spent the morning at the spa; it was a time for just us girls, talking and relaxing. Nothing else mattered. I could share anything I wanted and I had their undivided attention.
And when I came home from my wonderful dinner, I was reminded of something. I always have someone's devotion and attention. I have my Father, my King, who despite being the Lord of Heaven, takes every moment of every day to listen to my prayers, to wipe away my tears, to calm my fears. I know that He cares about making me happy and content, just like that father at the Olive Garden.
I have been blessed with a wonderful earthly daddy--so has Sadie (that little girl who so captivated me). I hope one day she will have the privilege and blessing of knowing that she has a Heavenly Father who is even crazier about her.......just like I do.
Friday, February 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











5 comments:
Aw! That's such a sweet story! :) And we both know the little girl Sadie reminded you of. ;) Love ya!
Such a sweet post! Thanks for sharing... and the reminder of all that we're blessed with.
So precious, Ella!
Thanks for this post, Ella! It was an encouragement!
Oh, what a sweet post:)
I just found your blog through Lindsay's blog (content in Christ)
You have a lot of great blog posts! I hope your jon is going well:)
<3 Alli
Post a Comment