As you can tell, I have gone through a drastic makeover. I felt it was time to do so. Perhaps it was a fresh cover to the same general message. Sometimes, you just need that or else you grow stagnant and bored.
So, why change the title of my blog? It was on vacation that I really felt the Lord leading me to do so. You see, I have been on quite a journey--one where He is showing me that life looks different for each individual. While there are some black and white issues lined out in Scripture NOT to be argued with, there is a lot of gray. It is those gray areas where there is some wiggle room.
A lot of people don't understand that. There are plenty of stereotypes about Christian, homeschooled young women, and frankly, they drive me up the wall. I feel like the Lord has, as a result, given me the desire to share what He has taught me about being boxed in. I am a young woman who finds enjoyment in food, family, friends, film, and football; I try to let my fashion speak volumes and my faith is the starting point, and the ending point, for who I am...
Yes, I am still here all because of His grace. I just felt it was time to go in a different direction. That being said, you will still see the Lord magnified and glorified--even if the title and several, but not all, of my posts be more on the "fun" side.
So, I am getting ready to change my URL (AKA, where you will find me). I don't have it quite up yet, but I shall be going away from here and transferring over to http://www.fromfaithtofootball.blogspot.com/ It will come without warning, so have that address stored away somewhere safe, as I want to take all of you along with me.
Are you ready for the ride? Here we go!!
Friday, July 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











3 comments:
Woweeeee! I was just here a few hours ago and the place looks totally different! :D Nice though, I like the changes! The font is a little unusual, not sure how much I like it....
Anyways, in reply to your blog comment, Yes! We should definitely get in touch. Do you still have my email? I have a personal one, let me know if you don't have it. :) It starts with a j.
Perry Mason. Is. Awesome! :D Glad to find a fellow fan! And yes, Della and Perry should SO have gotten married. :D
Have a great weekend!
Julia
Your new blog will be delightful. Can't wait to read more.
It seems that people always want to put others in a box...to presume that there is one way of doing things, that being the way THEY do them. I'm so glad our family has learned the lesson that there is no "one size fits all" way to live the Christian life. I'm glad we've learned that it's okay to be "out of the box" and to do the "gray areas" in the way God leads, rather than the way "people" lead.
Happy writing.
Love,
Mom
Cannot wait to see more!!!!!
Love the new music, too! Especially Scotty! *Swoon* LOL
Post a Comment