What is that saying---"absence makes the heart grow fonder?" I find that to be true of many things: your favorite book, long neglected and collecting dust on the bookshelf; an old friend that you haven't seen in quite a while; or writing, something that you thought you had lost the passion for.
I never completely lost the passion for writing. I just put way too many other commitments ahead of posting on here. Life has been consumed with working nineteens hours a week at the library and getting eighteen college credits in three months. So you see, I do have some decent and reasonable excuses. But I do not strive to be a person who lives by excuses and apologies.
However, a recent article that I wrote seemed to light the fire anew in me. Finally, it was something that I felt was well written, expressed adequately....and just plain enjoyable. I decided it was high time to use my God-given talents, at least that is how I see them, once more.
So, what do I plan on writing? Let me tell you, I have a lot to say ;-) I feel lead to talk about everything from faith to football--and plenty in between. God has been teaching me a lot through the trials and the triumphs at work and school; I want a place that has them recorded. I read plenty and watch plenty; why not give my opinion in the form of reviews. I love red carpet award shows and college football--I think I need to pass that love onto you ;-)
Bear with me as I get back into blogging mode. Regardless if many read this....or none at all. I have my passion back and that matters more than any success.
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











5 comments:
Look forward to reading more! :) Whenever you write, I always enjoy it.
Yay! Ella's back! :)
I just got back into blogging seriously too... it's my #1 goal for the summer, to blog regularly. :)
I liked your post on the royal wedding, by the way. What a pretty dress Kate chose! :)
~Julia
I'm glad you'll be writing again. As the one who has graded your writing assignments for years, I have long-known that writing is something at which you excel. You definitely need to keep at it.
Love,
Mom
:) Glad you're "back" to blogging my friend. A renewed zeal for writing...exactly what I have after our lovely two weeks in Idaho together.
Missing you!
Good to hear you're going to be writing! I'll be sure to check back often! :)
Blessings,
Britt
Post a Comment