
Who has ever said the phrase "I will never do that" and then, you have had to eat your words? Raise your hand..........
Are everyone's hands up? Because mine are.
Oh, we could be here forever with my telling you tales of eating my words. It has happened so many times. But I am here today to tell you about an incident this summer, one where I never expected to happen.
My pseudo-little sister just celebrated her seventh birthday. Now you have to understand, I love this little girl and when she asks me to do something, I do it....but when I saw her this past summer, she asked me to watch the High School Musical Trilogy with her. My mouth went dry, my palms were sweaty...
You see, I had sworn that I would never watch those movies. In my legalism period, I viewed them through holier-than-thou eyes. I think I was above such things. Then, when I came out of that, I stayed away from the movies "to save face." But where my little sister was involved, I wanted to make her happy. So we did all three back to back to back.
I discovered that they were not half bad. Were they Academy award winning? Absolutely not. Were they the best thing I have ever watched? No. But I found myself tapping my foot and singing the songs. I even made one or two comments that will NOT repeat on here ;-) But I did manage to have a good time.
Yes, I am eating my words. God showed me yet again that I should never say never. (And unless you question, I am NOT a Bieber fan ;-)) I guess he wants me to be a "well rounded" individual, one who cares about making others happy than my preconceived notions.
Tell me, has this ever happened to you? If it hasn't, I warn you--it will. LOL











3 comments:
I am 21, and I enjoyed those movies even though I was teased about it.
Awww! These movies are so cute - I saw them well past the age they were "targeted" for and still they made me smile. =)
Well, for one thing, I was NEVER going to homeschool my kids!!!
I've learned that we definitely need to be careful of that word "never." I've found that the things we say we'll never do are the very ones we end up doing at some point in our lives..
I love you!!
Mom
Post a Comment