Saturday, January 21, 2012

Golden Globes Fashion Wrap--Part 2

I apologize if you are having fashion overload ;-), but here I am with part 2 of my Golden Globes "Fashion Police." These are looks that I liked, but not neccessarily in my top five.

Michelle Williams always dresses modestly....or at least so I have found. While she usually wear white and very pale colors, I loved seeing something darker and more vibrant. I think she wears colors well and I hope she does it more often. My issue is the headband. With her pixie cut, the headband looks very childish. Yes, it is her style and extremely cute, but it is still childish.


Viola Davis looks incredible!! I was hoping for her to win Best Actress (though in defense of Meryl, the reason I was going for Viola is because I loved "The Help." I haven't seen "Iron Lady" as of yet.) The slit could be too high for someone her age....but I look at the color of the dress, her make up and hair....nothing else matters.

Madeline Stowe plays the evil Victoria Grayson on "Revenge;" I can't stand her on the show. But I could stand her on the red carpet. I can hardly believe she is 53?! Yes, the dress is a tad too low, but again, the purple looks stunning with her creamy skin.



Kate Beckinsale was gorgeous in her gown. I'm not a fan of her hair--I feel it looks slightly aging, at least from a distance....and it is, again, a tad too low. But it still looks stunning.

Sarah Hyland ("Modern Family") wore a very attractive gown; the black detailing adds an interesting vibe. The looks resembles a little Old Hollywood to me, though not on the same playing field as Angelina's did. Sarah could be dressing a little too maturely for her age, but I would rather have that than Lea Michele (who will be on my WORST dressed list ;-)


Claire Danes's dress I much prefer from behind. Yes, I liked the open back. The sleeves looked mesh-like up close, which was annoying. And Claire's hair bugged me. However, Claire is on my list because I love her....or maybe it's because I love her husband, Hugh Dancy =D



Believe it or not, Paula Patton wore one of the most common colors on the red carpet: yellow. Granted, this dress looks a bit prom-y for such an award show, but you have to admit, it is a beautiful color for her. Her hair and makeup also look flawless. This dress made me want spring.


So there you have it....more of my choices. Coming up in the next day or so will be my worst dressed list. THOSE are ALWAYS fun =D

2 comments:

Charity said...

Claire Danes always looks classy. I don't always love her choice of gown, but I think she's a lovely person regardless.

Rissi said...

Agree with Charity - I haven't seen her in lots, but I like Claire as an actress. =)

BTW: I 'tagged' and awarded you on my blog! If you think it sounds like fun, come by and check it out.

http://scribblesscriptsandsuch.blogspot.com/2012/01/part-two-tag-youre-it-and-award.html