Thursday, October 11, 2012

Little Letters


Dear Autumn Leaves--you really do look lovely. I love seeing you turn different shades of red, orange, and yellow every year....and the downtown parks are about to look fantastic. Only here's the thing: can you please stay on the trees for a while? I'm not ready for barren trees because that means snow. And I don't love snow.

Dear Pumpkin Spice Lattes--it's great being able to buy you at Starbucks once more. Pumpkin, cinnamon, and yeah, whipped cream are some awesome flavors in one little cup. Just why does the coffee not always settle in my stomach so well =( Could you make a special blend just for me?

Dear Boots--Don't worry, I will start bringing you out of the closet more often. They definitely make a statement when it comes to jeans. =) I know you want to come out when I dress for work tomorrow, but sorry, it isn't on the agenda...and I should make sure I locate a pair of socks. Heels don't need socks you understand ;-)

Dear ROSS--Thank you so much for having new dresses in stock. The fact that I found a peplum dress and a rehearsal dinner dress the other day makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. Now, I do have to watch how much money I spend within your walls, but I have a feeling this was the first of many shopping expeditions to come.

Dear "Delirium"--You were a fantastic book to read. I guess I do have this post apocalyptic gene in me that comes out every so often. I do wish I could get into your sequel though; why did you have to change your writing style?

Dear Christmas CDs--Thank you to Scotty McCreery and Blake Shelton for providing me with lots of new entertainment this holiday season. Sure you can only hear certain songs redone so many times, but I am still excited. Blake, you already have one song that i want and Scotty, singing "Mary Did You Know" is going to be great.

Dear Grey's Anatomy--So after watching an episode here and an episode there, I have decided to watch you back to back.....oh why must you be filled with junk? I still enjoy it, but wow, this hypochondriac wants to keep on avoiding hospitals if stuff like this takes place. And McDreamy....why don't you really exist?

Dear Downton Abbey--I can't give away too much on here, but I will say this. I am completely enjoying you this new season. One or two things have ticked me off, but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. There have been a lot of developments this season that have made me happy.

Dear New York Jets--Would you just start Tim Tebow already?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Look at how well Mark Sanchez is working out for you (*said in a very sarcastic tone*)
Ella

3 comments:

Patti said...

What a delightfully fun post this is! I am with you on so many of those things...barren trees, pumpkin spice lattes, Tim Tebow, Ross.

I have been working hard to cultivate a taste for coffee, and while I will never enjoy it black, I have come to quite like it with a bit of milk and just a splash of flavoring. Those pumpkin spice lattes are delicious, but occasionally, they are too sweet for me, hence the milk and dash of flavoring.

Love,
Mom

Rissi said...

Yay! Fun to see you do this, Ella - my third one is (hopefully) going up next week. I meant it for this week but then had a TON of book reviews that came due. :-/ Oh, well! LOL! (Stop by with a link up if you ever do this again, girl!)

Love the pumpkin spice lattes; 'Downton' (what is going on there!?) plus the Christmas CD's. I was ridiculously happy when I read that Lady Antebellum had one releasing and I'd already known about Blake. YAY! Call my old-fashioned but I buy new Christmas albums every year - yeah, I may have a few too many. ;-D

Anna Naomi said...

What a cute post! Love it - love you! :)