Thursday, February 07, 2013

MIA--Yes....I Know


Oh how I have missed writing. What's the saying--you don't realize what you miss until you don't have it anymore? Well, that is true of this blog....and all of you.

Here is what I have been up to since my last post:

*My dear friend got married!!! And I can show you some pictures if you would like. Those who heard about the bridesmaid dresses.....they could have been worse. But it was such a beautiful wedding; I'll have to share my thoughts.

*I've had to make some school decisions and get back into the swing of school in general. I'm rediscovering just how much I hate Algebra. (Not that it takes much to rediscover the fact ;-) But reading Tolkein and Lewis for a class will be a huge plus.

*I sliced the top of my fingernail off--taking a little chunk of skin with it--by making homemade potato chips Super Bowl Sunday. It's a pain in the neck to type without my left index finger and every time I go to redo the band-aid, the gauze keeps sticking the the wound, thus causing it to bleed again. Prayers would be appreciated ;-)

*I have begun a Bible study with a few college girls from church. I have a feeling it will be a great study. Ah speaking of church, I was hired to do more childcare stuff there. The money will come in handy when paying for school.

*I seem to now be on a Private Practice kick. Why I watch medical shows while at the same time being a hypochondriac, I will never know.

*I'm gearing up from my birthday on the 13th.....I'll be old ;-)


And I know I need to write more. So I plan on it. I have ideas.....just finding time. It's tough. But God is good; He will help me find the time! Love you all in the meantime.


Ella

3 comments:

Charity said...

IT'S ALIVE!!!

Seriously, girl, I was about to send out a search party for you.

OWIE!! I have one major suggestion -- LIQUID BAND-AID or NEW SKIN. It will burn like all get out when you put it on, but it seals the wound, keeps dirt out, and no more ouwie band-aid changes! I swear by the stuff, plus it heals you up much faster than a typical band-aid (which leaves you with wrinkle-skin -- eww). Trust me, it works. This comes from a cat owner, who has patched up nurmerous scratches and bites (intentional and otherwise) over the years.

You? Old? HAH... try turning 30, which is where I'll be in a few months. =P

Rissi said...

Long time no see, girl. :) Great to have you back, Ella!

Yay! I'd love to see pics, girl. I thought about you during your travels and hoped it was a safe trip. Glad it was and that you had such a nice time.

Oooh! So sorry about your finger - will pray for its quick healing. And that does sound inconvenient.

Good luck with your study! That is something mom and I need to tackle on of these days and yet, it's hard to find a good one.

Your birthday: You will so not be old! Hope it's a fun day. :)

Livia Rachelle said...

What was it about the bridesmaids dresses?
I hate Algebra too. I took it last summer (my only math credit Hallelujay!) ONLINE. It was horrible and humiliating.