I'm a country music fan. Y'all know that. I love songs about family, God, and country. And yes, I love songs about kicking someone to the curb (among others ;-) ). Well, Carrie Underwood is my favorite country female. When I heard that she was coming in town, I just knew that I had to go. In the thirteen years we have lived here, she has only come once and then I wasn't able to attend.
Well, tickets were my birthday present and yeah, I had a BLAST!!! Rissi and I have had so many talks about Carrie Underwood that I am going to do my best to share the set list and my thoughts ;-)
The Songs She Did
*Good Girl
*Undo It
*One Way Ticket
*Leave Love Alone (with Hunter Hayes)--and no, it isn't my video
*Nobody Ever Told You
*Cupid's Got A Shotgun
*Remind Me (with a hologram Brad Paisley)
*Temporary Home
*All American Girl
*Wasted
*Flat on the Floor
*Jesus Take The Wheel
*Cowboy Casanova
*Last Name
*Two Black Cadillacs
*I Told You So
*Before He Cheats
*I Know You Won't
*Blown Away
(I think I got them all.....not sure!) My only wishes was that "So Small" "Mama's Song" "and Just a Dream" had been included, but I recognize those aren't really arena songs. Notice we got all the "you done me wrong and to heck with you" songs ;-) And yep. I was singing along like no tomorrow to each and every one of them!

I found this picture on google, but Carrie being on a platform over the crowd did happen at my concert. Those who were on the floor (I was in the balcony) got to have her over them and during one song, Carrie tossed down leis, there were beach balls and confetti....it was so cool =)
Also during my concert, Carrie invited a little girl up on stage to sing with her. Who cares if the girl got off pitch?! SHE GOT TO SING WITH CARRIE UNDERWOOD!!!!! I'll post a link to the video from my local news here. Seriously, that little girl will remember that day for the rest of her life!
Carrie Underwood puts on an amazing show, let me tell you. Mom and I kept looking at each other marveling over her range (which certain singers *cough* Taylor Swift *cough*). She did five dress changes, the sets were amazing.....yeah, if y'all ever get an opportunity to go, you need to!!
Trust me, I will do my best to go again!!!












3 comments:
Ella! This was so fun to read! Thanks for sharing all about your experience. :) Carrie is a terrific talent - one of country music's finest. (Love your winking reference to Taylor Swift - that is SO TRUE! She has some catchy stuff but vocally, uh-uh, she cannot touch Carrie or Martina or even Miranda.)
Such a great song set! Love 'Good Girl' and despite its message 'Cowboy Casanova.'
It's wonderful to know you enjoyed yourself. Sounds like a great night. :)
That is so awesome. I love Carrie's hair and makeup...she can never go wrong!
I LOVE Carrie's music, makeup, and...her...self! :D She's so fantastic! Loving your blog girl!
Post a Comment