"Can you come here for a second?"
When my friend, the bride, uttered those words, what could I do but listen? I was a bridesmaid. It was my job to help the bride do anything and everything. Had the programs been misplaced? Was there a call that I needed to take for her? Or had her fiancee arrived and I was getting to finally meet him. (After all, I had kept her accountable to her wishes--of not seeing him until the rehearsal dinner)
Throwing myself into wedding details and general fantastic-ness in turn helped me out. I could be focused less on my loneliness, my singleness, and instead, I could bless one of my dearest friends. I wouldn't have had it any other way. In fact, I loved every minute of it. My time will come to be the bride--but this was not the day. And that was okay, more than okay. The Lord had ordained it to be my friend's beautiful day!!
So again, when I was asked for, I came when I was called.
But I was not needed for such things. On a night about close friends and family coming together to make the bride and groom feel special, my close friend had sought to make me feel special. For there, on the stair landing, was my Twin. A girl who I am like in every way but blood. A girl who I have known for five years, whom I have sent prayer requests to, talked about TV shows with, shared daily life stories with.
She and I had planned on seeing each other at the wedding--the next day. But no, she and the bride had worked together to surprise me with her appearance a day earlier. So many people had been in on it--her ride to the wedding, mutual friends on Facebook. Watching my reaction to my surprise were so many people: the bride, my fellow Sisters of the Heart, the groom's brother and sister....
Yes, there was a lot of happiness. There were some squeals. Maybe even some tears. And I got to spend time at the rehearsal dinner with her. I spent time after the wedding with her. We had a sangria and split a burger together. And in the picture above, we worshiped at church together.
Meeting my twin in person was even better than I could have imagined. The Lord brought us together--He brought the details together. I will always remember the laughs, the inside jokes, the heart to hearts shared. I felt richly blessed. I still do. Before you ask, yes, I plan on seeing her again in 2014.
This story....it's only the continuation of a beautiful friendship. And more stories from the wedding shall continue.











6 comments:
That's very sweet. I'm glad you had a nice time. :)
I loved being there to hear you squeal. :) So happy you finally got to meet! Anna
Aw, how fun! Love that you blogged about this, Ella. And that you and Jessica got to meet. So neat. :)
I'm so thrilled that you and Jessica were able to meet up a whole day earlier than originally planned...and that you got to spend time together on Sunday as well.
Time with her was the icing on the already-beautiful cake of that week.
Awww!! What a wonderful surprise for you!!
What a lovely experience! A wedding, meeting your "twin" -- I'm sure you made some wonderful memories over the course of those few days :-)
Post a Comment