Friday, March 24, 2006

School Subjects Thus Far

It's Friday already????? Sometimes it is hard to imagine where the time has gone. It flies by so quickly. If I want to talk about that, I can't believe it is almost the end of March!!! It was just the beginning of the year!

I have a had a really good week. School has gone very well, though I don't have the faintest idea how to use a protractor:). By far my favorite subject in school is history. (I think that has always been my favorite, but especially so this year.) I am studying right now about the Thomas Jefferson/ James Madison administrations. Being a president requires so much effort or thought, it's a wonder people want the job. I think there would be enormous preasure to perform according to the ways of the people. Then you deal with people liking you. as well as people hating you. Needless to say, it's not a job I would relish, and definitely not so as a female. If I was a male, perhaps it would be a different story. I think being a female president would be added stress than that of a male president. Maybe I'm wrong.

My other favorite subject is writing/language. I love that stuff. (That's why I am doing this blog, right?!) I am reading The Hiding Place for school. It's pretty good, though I fear how graphic it might get. If you want my opinion, I totally despise the Nazis. I think they were just a bunch of racist, as well as sexist, men. Yet their beliefs are still much exhibited around the world today. Even in the United States that I love so much. Most people are just so into themselves; that's all they ever think about. They believe that they are superior to everyone else. I am not just meaning men. It's a common attitude around blacks, whites, men, and women. How sad that people have this philosophy! It certainly isn't like that of Christ. Yet, amazing, God loves us all, even when we get into our Nazi attitude, though hate it he does. If only the world were like Christ, how different it would be!! Yet even if the world doesn't make changes, I can!!!!

How good the Lord is!!!!! Despite that I struggle sometimes with situations that are out of control in my life, He has them right in His control. The Lord always reveals to me who he is. He reafirms what I know and assists me through what I don't. I truly serve a loving God and I am so thankful for that!!! Lord, thank you that I can be called your child, thanks to your sacrifice of your life on the cross. Thank you that you call me a princess and your daughter. How unworthy I am of your love, your voice, and your grace. Praise be You do not base me upon my worthiness!!!!! Thank you that you are always me there, reminding me of how blessed I am!!!!!!

There are so many things yet for me to do this day. I have an e-mail to Alice that I need to write, probably some chores to do, and things like that. I got my baking done yesterday. Mom came up with a really good idea to have a cookie ministry. I started it yesterday. I made my "world-famous" cinnamon pecan icebox cookies, and Dad took them to his office. Wonder what everyone thought of them?!!

3 comments:

Alice said...

I like your blog! Thanks for sending me the address! I would also like the recipe for your "world famous" cookies. They sound good!

Ella said...

I'll send you the recipe via e-mail. Thanks for seeing my blog, Alice!!!!

Miss Rebekah Ann S. said...

I was just looking at some of your older posts, and came across this one. What a great minisry idea! I might have to do that with my "world-famous" chocolate chip cookies. :) Oh, would you mind e-mailing me that recipe, too? :) Thanks, Ella!

Many blessings,
Rebekah