Welcome to my (Ella) blog, How Great Is His Faithfulness! The purpose of this "journal" is to record my thoughts, my hopes, my dreams, and yes, my struggles. I want to show that I am not perfect; I am a great sinner saved by the wonderful grace of my great Savior, Jesus Christ. He has made me into who I am...imperfections included.
One of my favorite pastimes is reading. You can very often find me with a book in my hand. The title can range from the classics of Jane Austen, Louisa May Alcott, Arthur Conan Doyle, and Martha Finley; to biographies of various people who have my interest at the time; to non-fiction works by Harris, Botkin, and MacDonald. Yet more than that, my favorite book is the Bible. It is a great encouragement when I am down.
Music plays a major role in my life. I am often at the piano playing the works of George Gershwin and Ludwig Van Beethoven. But if I am dusting, I love to turn up Steven Curtis Chapman, Mark Shultz, Point of Grace, Celtic Woman, Eden String Quartet, and countless hymn/instrumental arrangements. Yet I do enjoy Adventures in Odyssey and other radio dramas while on long car rides.
I am a girly girl. I love to do cross-stitch; I am in the beginning stages of sewing. When flowers are out, you can be assured that I have cut some and arranged them in countless places around the house. I look forward to the day that as a wife and mother, I can put my own touches to things.
When it comes to movies, I am also a VERY girly girl. I love nothing more than to put on Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Emma, Wives and Daughters, North and South, Love Comes Softly and watch them. Yet, I do enjoy other videos. More often than not, you can find select current movies (National Treasure, Eight Below, etc.) and old classics from Humphrey Bogart, Jimmy Stewart, and Gregory Peck in our DVD player.
My family is a vital part of me. My parents
are great encouragements, and contrary to most teenagers, I LOVE to be around them. My brother, Garrett, and I are good friends. Yes, we do have our spats, but I wouldn't trade him for the world! Our family's constant prayer is that one day, more siblings will come our way. I also have a beagle, Nikki, and a cockatiel, Juliet.
But just so you don't think me "boring," "dull," or "only girly," I love to raft down the Boise River, follow Boise State football, and observe the goings-on in the political arena. Also, you can catch me writing "Rebelutionary" like articles on femininity vs. feminism, courtship vs. dating, teens role in society....so, you are fairwarned. Now go back and read my blog; that's what you came for anyway. I pray that it blesses you and that you see the Lord high and lifted up in every area I touch and write on!











1 comment:
What a great post! Yep, this described you perfectly, Ella. lol I loved the pics, too!
Keep up the great work; you truly are bringing glory to the Lord, and help and edification to many young maidens.
Post a Comment