Happy October everybody! I hope you are enjoying the season of autumn, though I bet it is being spent at the books. I know mine is! School is going well; I am enjoying all of my subjects, except science. I really don't like that! Yet, it is required, so I have to deal with it:-) However, if I could get off, and instead do more literature or history, I would in a heartbeat!
My week last week was very good. Friday was the ladies thing. I enjoyed myself immensely. Hannah did not show up ,but Grace, Brianne, and Melinda did, among others. I ate far too much junk food (but it was good:-) Afterwards, most people talked, but I made a decorative candle. It was easy; just nakpins cut out and rubbed on the wax with a HOT curling iron. I got a tiny bit of wax on me, the neck to be precise. No, I didn't sick the curling iron up there; it was just so hot, the wax splattered. Thankfully, it was hardly anything, and I didn't cry out. Mom and I left around 10:30. I think those who weren't staying overnight left around then too. We got home and discovered that the guys at our house at almost all of the cookies I had made!! (I had doubled the chocolate chips and did a batch of oatmeal raisin!) I believe they liked them though.
Saturday was pictures. I am sorry I don't have any to post on here yet, but if I can, I will eventually. Anyway, they turned out great. We went to various places in the Meridian area, a barn, pond, and along the river. Yes, I said a barn, and actually, we did buy some of them. Our family picture is along the Boise River in Eagle. I liked it the best. Oh, if I didn't say before, Mom and I wore red, and Dad and Garrett wore hunter green. It looked really nice!
Yesterday was church; need I say more? It was great. We did sing, and it was to the Lord's glory. The majority of us wore pink or red, and that wasn't even planned. We girls all got a kick out of that! I wasn't overly nervous until offering, then it hit me. My legs felt like jelly and lead, if that is even possible. I just prayed, and then got started. I think we did very well. I tried to keep pitch with Grace; hopefully, it worked! yet most of all, I hope the congregation saw the Lord high and lifted up in our song. Truly, we are Redeemed, and I want to proclaim it. I am his child forever!!! Otherwise, church was great besides. We stayed a tiny bit later than school normal last night. I just talked with the girls and had a great time of fellowship with my fellow believers.
This week is a busy one, yet again, it's with my family. Tomorrow is piano and Dy's. Wednesday is the Phillips, Craig, and Dean concert. (They are my dad's favorite, and he sooo wants to go!) Friday is Andrew Dy's birthday, so the whole family is going over for cake and fun. Saturday, Garrett and Dad are going fishing all day with Mr. R., so Mom and I are having girl time. That means making cards, going to the tea room, possibly with a friend, and watching a girly movie. I think it will be Wives and Daughter and my new Pride and Prejudice. Sounds fun!!!!!
Well, I must dust, and help get dinner prepared. I hope you are all blessed by the Lord, and that I am thankful for each of you and your friendship!!! May you see Him in amazing ways these next few days! To God be the Glory, great things He hath done!!!!! For He is good, and His love endures forever!
Monday, October 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











14 comments:
For some reason I didn't see this entry! It wasn't appearing for me until I retyped your blog address. Anyway, now I'm seeing it. :-)
I'm glad your singing at church went well! I'm sorry I missed it. At least I got to hear a bunch of the practices... :-) I'm sure you guys sounded great for the real thing.
Have a good week!
I'm glad fall is here.
That is odd that you couldn't see my entry, Melinda. I am sorry that you missed our real thing, but you did see the practices like you said! I hope you have a great week too!
I love fall too, Garrity!
Melinda, you probebly needed to refresh your browser!
I can't sing at all. I wish I could, but I do make a joyful noise!
Erin, you got it this time!!! I am not sure how good I sing, but the director said that didn't overly matter. What did was praising God!
Ooo...how fun to go to a Philips, Craig, and Dean concert!!
Ella,
Yeah, I finally put you in my favorites. So now I can visit all the time again!
How's your week going thus far? We are headed out today to do some shopping and tomorrow and Friday we will be at a conference.
Alice, do you like Phillips Craig and Dean? Like I said, they are my ad's favorite, but I don't mind them! I am so glad that you got back from San Antonio safely!
Erin, I am having a great week so far. I am keeping busy with school and family activities. Oh, I am going to watch Wives and Daughters this weekend. You like that right?
Yes, I do like Philips, Craig, and Dean. Let me know if you get to hear "How Deep the Father's Love for Us." That is soooo good.
I am glad to be back safe and sound from San Antonio, too! Sixteen hours of travel gets lonnnng.
fall is de best time of year, ya? We stayed up 'till five at the girls thing
I know that song. I will let you know if I hear it. I am not sure which is my favorite. Dad loves I Wanna Be Just Like You.
Oh, you are right, sixteen hours is a long!!!
I love fall!! Golly, Grace, you all stayed up late!!! What did you Mom say? Sorry, your comment did not register first! Or else I would have said something to you.
my mom really didn't mind. I do that kind of stuff a lot. No biggie! (I prefer night time,actually.)
my mom really didn't mind. I do that kind of stuff a lot. No biggie! (I prefer night time,actually.)
Post a Comment