I know how it feels to have to let go of pets. My family had to sell our dog because of my allergies. I felt so bad, like it was my fault. But it's ok, God is sooooo good. He'll hold you through everything. This is one of those life lessons or "curveballs" that he throws, it helps teach us that not anything in this world lasts forever and that we need to learn to let go, no matter how much we love something. Hold to Jesus, he's holding on to you.
Thanks both of you for your sweet comments. I appreciate them immensely. You are right, Shifty. It was a curveball, but I can also be thankful that for now, it isn't Nikki! I am holding on to Jesus, but thanks for the reminder;-)
It IS good it wasn't Nikki, which is another lesson you God could be showing to you. You should count your blessings. It is amazing what God has placed in your life. It almost makes you feel spoiled when you look at other's lives. You seemed very happy at church and I was glad to see that!
I'm so sorry to hear about your bird! Although I don't currently have pets all my own, my sister and family have quite a few - 2 dogs, 6 cats, and 2 birds to be exact! My little sister has 2 parakeets that are really pretty. Hopefully your new birds will do well.
Anna, thanks. I really hope it does well too. Thankfully, we don't have any interior problems. (Someone thought we might have had a gas or carbon monoxide leak, but we don't!)
I was really sorry to hear that your bird died! I'm glad you are doing better now and I am praying for you! Death can be so hard, not only because then you will miss the pet who died, but because death is just icky. But it is so good to know that God is in complete control and that nothing ever happens out of His will!
Alice, I didn't find this comment until just now. Yes, God is in control, and he has helped me. I have been doing much better! Thanks for your prayers, and for the e-mail!
"You never give up on me. No, You never give up on me. Though I'm weak and You are strong, You tell me I still belong. No you never, never give up on me."
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you a future and a hope."~Jeremiah 29:11
" I am only aware of two things: that I am a great sinner and Christ is a Great Savior."~~From the film, Amazing Grace
12 comments:
I miss Melody, too. She was a sweet bird.
I know how it feels to have to let go of pets. My family had to sell our dog because of my allergies. I felt so bad, like it was my fault. But it's ok, God is sooooo good. He'll hold you through everything. This is one of those life lessons or "curveballs" that he throws, it helps teach us that not anything in this world lasts forever and that we need to learn to let go, no matter how much we love something.
Hold to Jesus, he's holding on to you.
Thanks both of you for your sweet comments. I appreciate them immensely. You are right, Shifty. It was a curveball, but I can also be thankful that for now, it isn't Nikki! I am holding on to Jesus, but thanks for the reminder;-)
I'm so sorry to hear your bird died. Losing pets is so hard. I don't know how I would be if Fat Louie or Esther passed away. My prayers are with you.
It IS good it wasn't Nikki, which is another lesson you God could be showing to you. You should count your blessings. It is amazing what God has placed in your life. It almost makes you feel spoiled when you look at other's lives.
You seemed very happy at church and I was glad to see that!
Thanks, Erin, for your prayers. I appreciate them immensely!
Shifty, I try to count my blessings often, but I can never do them often enough. I was happier today, and that is because I was with my family.
I'm so sorry to hear about your bird! Although I don't currently have pets all my own, my sister and family have quite a few - 2 dogs, 6 cats, and 2 birds to be exact! My little sister has 2 parakeets that are really pretty. Hopefully your new birds will do well.
Anna, thanks. I really hope it does well too. Thankfully, we don't have any interior problems. (Someone thought we might have had a gas or carbon monoxide leak, but we don't!)
well THAT's a relief! (O:
yeah really :P
I was really sorry to hear that your bird died! I'm glad you are doing better now and I am praying for you! Death can be so hard, not only because then you will miss the pet who died, but because death is just icky. But it is so good to know that God is in complete control and that nothing ever happens out of His will!
Alice, I didn't find this comment until just now. Yes, God is in control, and he has helped me. I have been doing much better! Thanks for your prayers, and for the e-mail!
Post a Comment