I wanted to post this picture and this chorus of Josh Groban's hit song. It was so true for me this past week. Many thanks to those of you who were praying for me when I needed it the most. No, nothing Earth shattering happened, but I still had a rough Monday. I wanted to update you all, and let you know that I am soooo much better now!!! In fact, unless I focus on the hurt that was done unto me, I am not sad at all. I can see that the Lord has something infinitely better in store for me. What that is, I have no idea. But, I am looking forward to the new adventure.
Also, I know that these trials that I never seem to get away from develop my character. They shape me into the person that He has for me to be. Therefore, I wouldn't trade any of my problems for all of the acceptance and easiness in the world. My ultimate goal in life is to grow in Christ's likeness and reflect Him to the world. How can I do that unless I have struggles? I can't. Life was never meant to be all fun and games. It wasn't for Christ; then, it definitely shouldn't be for me. Christ didn't give into peer pressure; He always stood for Truth, and that is a lesson I am learning and hopefully, will be able to take into my life.
No, I wouldn't ask for difficulties in relationships. However, I always see the Lord high and lifted up in the midst of them. Also, they draw me ever closer to Him. "Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed." ~I Peter 4:12-13~












8 comments:
I am proud of you! You took something that was bad and allowed the Lord to use it for good in your life...lessons learned and received are always good.
Thanks, Mom, for being proud. I have always said, though, that it is by the Lord's strength that I was able to deal with everything! I can't wait to see how the situation will be used for good.
Very true thoughts, Ella! Thanks! I'm glad you're doing good!
Beautiful post, Ella. Praise God that He was able to teach you so much during a hard time!
Alice and Anna, thank you both so much for your thoughts and prayers. The Lord did show me much this past week. I just wanted to let all of you know that!
Pretty post and I love the picture of the mountain. I'm glad your doing better. I'm almost done with your bracelet, and there's a little surprise come with it too! Look in your mail box next week!
(=
Beautifully said! I'm glad you are doing better!
Erin, I look forward to getting something from you. I am finished with your Christmas present, but don't expect for a while....I haven't planned on sending it yet.
Shifty, it's good to have you and Grace back in town. I hear you had a nice time. Anyway, yeah, I am over it all now!
Post a Comment