Monday, December 04, 2006

Deck the Halls, Walls, Trees.....What Else?!

I hope you all are having a fabulous start to December. I know I am. This is always the time of year when we all get really busy with parties, various baby-sitting jobs, caroling, advent stories, and make and buying presents or family and friends. I have either done these things, or I am going to do them. Yet I want to say that I hope we don't lose sight of the True Meaning of Christmas. That happens far too much these days. Christmas has become not a holiday of giving, as God gave His son, Jesus, to us, but now, it's a gimme gimme holiday. Sure, I look forward to the gifts I will receive, but I like giving ones away infinitely better. In a future post, I am going to talk about the best gift that we can give. (Sorry, I must leave you in suspense of a few days...or a week or two:-)

I have intended to post pictures of my family decorating the house for Christmas. We did it on Saturday, and it really didn't take that long at all. We haven't done anything outside yet, and we never do much. However, we have done alot on the inside, and I wanted to show that to all of you. So, enjoy!!!



Yes, we are the people who use an artificial tree. We have used real ones in the past, but Mom thinks she is allergic to pine. We "bought" this tree two years ago, and it was a gift from God. You can read the family blog to know the story. Anyway, here is dad getting the pieces out of the box!


Boxes of garland, table decorations, and ornaments. Doing the garland was my job. Sorry I don't have a picture!

Where are we going to put things?!

Here is the tree all set up, but it's looking kind of bare, wouldn't you agree?

Looking better. Dad is stringing on the lights. The idea was to go all red, but we didn't have enough, so we had to do multi-colored as well.

4 comments:

Alice said...

Pretty tree! We have a fake one, too. We got a real one a few years ago, but it was infested with bugs. The only other time we got a real one was before I was born and my mom and dad didn't have a whole lot of extra money. On the way home from getting the tree, it fell off the top of the car and was lost for good!

Anonymous said...

It looked great on sunday! HAHA! Last year we didn't get a tree until a few days before christmas!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad we didn't have enough red lights to do it all in red. I like the multi-colored lights. It looks so pretty.

Ella said...

Yuck with bugs!!!! That's just gross. If you didn't want it all in red, Mom, why wouldn't you have said something? I bet you don't want all blue. But I will admit, the colored look nice.