I wanted to take a minute and publicly acknowledge my wonderful dad. Today is his birthday, and no, I won't tell you how old he is. Yet, that doesn't really matter. What does is that he is very special to me.
I don't know where I would be without my dad. He is there for me in many ways. Dad doesn't always express his feelings in words, but he does in actions. He is always there to help me fix a computer problem that happens at the worst possible time. He has bought me three birds and trusted me to take care of them. He gives me a shoulder to cry on when they die too. :-) Dad takes me out to breakfast occasionally--just the two of us. He is willing to let me use the remote when we watch tv (though he might be watching the back of his eyelids instead of Emma or something:-)
However, the things I really appreciate about Dad are the bigger things. Dad never mocks the way I dress or the convictions that I have. In fact, he is there encouraging me. In fact, he is always right there helping me better myself (meaning with my posture or manners) He is right there to help me when friendship things go haywire; he reminds me of the truth, and that Mom, Dad, and Garrett are always there with me.
Dad also prays with me and for me. That means a lot. I might not know what he prays in private, but I do know that he wants what the Lord has in store for me. Dad's faith is constantly growing, and I am looking forward to seeing what ways he will change in the Lord. Dad does want to do what the Lord and His word says.
Well, I have pumped up Dad a lot, but that's my purpose. I want to make it clear how much I admire, appreciate, and rely on him. My prayer for him is that in this forthcoming year, Dad's and my relationship will grow even more, and that his relationship with God will grow as well. I love you, Daddy!!!!!!! I am so thankful that you are my dad. My friends might have great dads, but I have the greatest! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











7 comments:
What a lovely tribute to Dad!
We love you, honey. Happy birthday!
Dad rocks!! Happy B-day!! Who could blame him for watching his eyelids, emma is too boring to watch.
It's hard to see the keyboard with blurry and teary eyes. God has sure blessed me with the greatest family a father could want. As earthly fathers go, I have to admit that I do fall short. My blessed daughter though has a very strong unconditional love. She has a stronger love for the Lord which would make any Christian dad proud. Thank you Gabrielle for such a wonderful tribute to someone turning 50 and still looking up and climbing the hill. I love you very much!!!!!
Happy B-day Mr. G!!!!
Aww Dad....I love you too!
Happy (belated) Birthday from me, too!
Happy (belated) birthday, Mr. G! You sound like a wonderful father!
Post a Comment