Saturday, January 20, 2007

Still Nothing Much to Say

I had hoped to have something really cool to post about today. Yet, I don't. My entire family still has this infernal cough/sore throat thing! We are on the tail end, but that seems to be the part that always takes the longest to heal! I don't mean to sound like a complainer, but I don't love being sick, either!

You know, it's funny, though. Even if both the teacher and the students feel a little blah, you are still able to do school. :-) That sort of bothered me, but then, I am glad that Mom did decide to just stick with it. As I said in the last post, I finished The Red Badge of Courage. I am able to say that it was one of the worst books I have ever read. (There are only two that are on that list: that one and The Yearling.) I don't know how many of you have ever read that book, but if you haven't, you aren't missing anything. It's a bore, and the main character isn't anything to write home about.

I also said that I finished the Ronald Reagan research. Now, I am in the process of putting all my notes together. I am glad I am doing it this way. It would be so hard to write a paper when details about his assassination attempt are scattered throughout five pages. My hope and plan is to be done with the entire project sometime in the next week or two.

I am reading So Much More and it is one of the best books I have ever read. I would encourage all the girls who read my blog to read this book. However, you have to have the heart for its message. You either have to agree with their standpoint, or be seeking to do what God says in certain matters. Anyway, if I could call the book awesome, I would. (Our family reserves the word awesome for God alone.) I have enjoyed reading it, and it has reaffirmed my views/beliefs on things. In my opinion, it is a book that every Christian American girl should read. Maybe then our country wouldn't be as far off the wall as it is now!

I don't have much planned for today. I think I am going to take a quick shower for starters, take a prayer time, and then read my great book, do some cross-stitch, clean dishes, and watch a movie or the Broncos celebration parade on tv. Sounds like a great day to me! I hope you all have a great Saturday as well. Thanks for reading my ramblings; I hope you enjoyed seeing what goes one in this gray matter of mine! God bless ya'll, my friends!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you like So Much More. When I read about it in the Vision Forum catalog, I thought it sounded it wonderful. Its message is definitely "politically incorrect", but it has the potential to change the world. I agree with you and would encourage your blog readers to read it too.

Anonymous said...

Hmm. I've read Red Badge of Courage, but it's been quite a few years. I can't really remember it, and if it was really bad or really good, I think it would stand out in my mind. What exactly didn't you like about it? Maybe that will jog my memory.

I remember liking Across Five Aprils and Rifles for Wattie, though (at least, I think I did). I read those around the same time. Have you read those?

Anonymous said...

So Much More is such a good book! I'm glad you're enjoying it. It's definitely not "politically correct", but it really gives one a lot to think about.

I hope you all get entirely better soon. Being sick is no fun at all; I have experience with that. Yes, it is funny how we can still do school when we're sick, although I didn't do it when I had a fever because I couldn't think straight!

Alice said...

I hope you feel completely better soon, Ella! It's no fun being sick!

Congratulations on finishing the book! That one was pretty bad. Across Five Aprils was great, like Melinda said.

Anonymous said...

Yes, So Much More is a wonderful book. Sorry you haven't been feeling well. I know what you mean about the tail end taking forever to go away.

Anonymous said...

Woot!! First guy to comment!!
Ok, now that I have gotten that out of my system.
Yea, I heard Red Badge was a bore.
Missed you guys at church yesterday.

TigerLily said...

Yeah, I missed ya too, but I alredy said that in an email. I am going to start reading Nicholas Nickleby, by "Chuck" Dickens soon. I love the movie that they made of it.

Anonymous said...

So sorry you are sick! we all missed you! I have not see or read Nicholas Nickleby. Gabrielle, you should see the new house we want to buy! It is three stories and looks like a mansion!

Anonymous said...

Nicholas Nickleby is fantastic. Gabrielle, we need to watch it sometime (when I'm there with the control to zap through a few parts). Nicholas is such a GOOD person, and we know how we like good heroes. :-D

(Oh, and I got Our Mutual Friend on DVD finally. HURRAH!)

I missed you at church yesterday! Everyone did. Nobody sat in your family's spots. Those chairs were empty and sad...

Ella said...

I am glad to know that we were missed yesterday! Tust me, we missed you too!!

Grace, I didn't know that you guys have another house. Where is it?

I haven't seen or read any Dickens novels, excepting A Christmas Carol. (Unless you want to count the first few pasges of A Tale of Two Cities.) I would like to give it a try some day!

Ella said...

Oh, I want to thank you all for praying about my sickness! I appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

uh, well we went house searching on Sunday, and it was the first house we visited. My dad wanted to lease it for a while, but he had a meeting with the realator, and they do not want to sell, although they are open to negotiations. See Jim's blog for a full description of the house!

TigerLily said...

Melinda: Yes , the movie is good, but like you said there are a couple parts you gaotta "zap".

TigerLily said...

Congrats on finding a house you like. I'll pray for the success of the deal.

Anonymous said...

Shifty's blog!! Not Jim's blog!! My name is Shifty!! ;)