I had a desire to post today, but I also had writer's block. I didn't know what to say or how to word it. (I guess that happens sometimes.) However, I think you all would just like a brief glimpse into my life right now.
My life is the same as usual....that means, school, school, and more school. Okay, I might be exaggerating a tiny bit, but I am speaking the truth. However, I am really enjoying my books right now. My history book, which isn't listed on my sidebar, is rather dry. Thankfully, it is short. I think I will be done with it sometime this week. My literature/English book is The Scarlet Pimpernel. A dear friend has been after me to read it for some time, and it was my next book to read, so.... It is really good. I am trying my hardest not to look ahead and see who is the Scarlet Pimpernel. (This friend knows that I have a bad habit of peeking.) However, I must confess that I have seen the end, but I don't know who it is, honestly. I do have a suspicion, and that because I think I know who the author intended. It's not the person I would choose, but nobody asked me! Anyway, I am really enjoying this one.
Piano is going to be crazy these next few weeks. Some people detest playing an instrument; I love it! In fact, I love it more than when I first began. Mrs. W. has been the best teacher I have had by far. (In piano that is; Mom takes the top teaching prize:-) However, it is that time of year when I can let myself get very nervous. Besides my normal lessons, I am playing in church on Sunday, and I decided to play I Surrender All. Then, I have both my piano recital and my competition in the next two weeks. I do feel prepared, yet I can get so wound up and all, that I could easily lose God receiving the glory. That is why I play after all! I will be doing a post about this subject, but I am learning the lesson of playing for God's applause and not for man's. (I have a long way to go before I get this down!)
I baked a new recipe over the weekend. It was a plum/cranberry tart with a linzer crust. A linzer crust has nuts in it to the point of them being a flour. Anyway, I had gotten the cookbook a few weeks ago, and I received the tart pan for a birthday present from my loving parents. So, with the essentials in hand, I set to work. It was pretty messy; I need to get a pastry bag not only to pipe out stuff but also for decorating cakes. (I want to get into that.) However, taste is more important, and it tasted really, really good. I can also make savory tarts, and I plan on cooking one of those sometime this week or next.
Well, I think that is all that is new in my life, or at least what can go in a "ramblings" post. I hope you didn't mind a respite from practical living/ godly stuff. I just wanted to give you an update on what is going on my family. I hope you are all doing well! God's blessings on you!
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











6 comments:
I'm glad things in your life are going well! I want to get into cake decorating, too. Maybe a Wilton class is in order.
I'll have to read the Scarlet Pimpernel. I'm always looking for new things to read!
My piano competition is this Satuday. Yikes! And...I have a piano recital in about three weeks, so I need to really start working on that piece.
I'm sure you'll do well
Did you read the results of the Modesty Survey, yet? It was really good!
That tart was delicious....you will definitely have to make it again.
And, your piano pieces sound beautiful. I'm sure you will play beautifully at the recital and at the competition...not to mention at church. I would have like to learn to play the piano when I was your age.
Alice, I did read the modesty survery, and it was really good. You and I ought to talk about it in our e-mails.
Miriam, I will remember to pray for you this weekend. Thankfully, my recital pieces are thr exact same as my competition ones. I am sure that you will do great too! Remember, as I will have to, to give God the glory!
Mom, I am glad that you liked the tart. I also think you would have played really well had you ever taken lessons as I have. Thank you for your support as I play the piano!
I like rambling posts. Less of a schedule. Very relaxed. You should do rambling posts more often.
Post a Comment