Ever since Garrity bought his own camera, I have been given the "old" digital camera. Everyone else doesn't like it; it's either too slow, or the zoom is bad, or something of that sort! For me, it's pretty much okay. I sometimes wish it could capture the picture I see with my eyes, but it isn't something I need to go buy a new one over.
So, why am I talking about my camera. It's not too much of an uplifting thing to talk about, is it? Well, I wish I had pictures to capture my weekend. I don't think there is any better way to share my life and my God-given friends than with pictures. However, I need to stop ranting and raving about the lack of pictures and I will use words instead. Hopefully, I can paint a great picture with them! :-)
I have been doing my Bible study with Grace and Brianne the past two weeks. It has gone very well, and I look forward to learning more and more about modesty, both on the inside and on the outside. Well, after Mom and I dropped both of them off at their homes, we headed to the Lav's house for the afternoon and dinner. Once we arrived, Garrity, Jason, Randy, Melinda, and myself headed over to the park and played cricket. Does anyone even know what that is anymore? It's like baseball, only in a British way. I wasn't the greatest at it, but the point is is that I did my utmost best. I didn't get exasperated when I never hit the ball, or when I threw several pitches and I never could get Jason out! I think that is the Lord's improvement in me. Normally, I would get so down on myself and cry. Slowly, I am getting out of my perfectionism (slowly, mind you!) and thus, I had a better time than I would have.
After I painted my toe nails, (Nice topic to talk about, but I have been meaning to do it, and Melinda let me use her nail polish) and ate dinner, the five aforesaid people, adding Paul, played a computer game called Counter Strike. It is one of Garrity's favorites. It isn't mine, but I was a good sport, and I played. I kept getting shot, and going down the wrong alleyways, but oh well. I was able to laugh at myself!
We also played spoons. I just love that game. Garrity dragged me across the floor in the effort to get the spoon from my grasp. (Thankfully, I was wearing pants...for modesty's sake.) I don't recall who one, because I think we ended before there was a pronounced winner, but it was great!
Sunday came on Saturday's heels. It was a food fellowship day, and our family loves those. After the meal, a lot of us went outside and either played ultimate frisbee or just sat, enjoying the great change of weather. Then, we went back outside and played spoons again! (Is that the game or what?) Again, it was a lot of fun.
Yet after was all said and done, I had a big decision to make. One of my "little sisters," Abby Lynn, asked me over for the afternoon. She is almost ten and looks up to me. Well, I didn't want to hurt her feelings, but I also wanted to go home and watch Sense and Sensibility. When Mom was starting to talk to Abby, I saw the dejection in her eyes; she was so sad. I thought of what I would want if I was in her place. Also, I remembered that the Lord has beought her into my life for a reason. So, with that knowledge, I went over and spent the little remainder of the day reading and watching the Incredibles with her and her three siblings and two neighbor kids (who also go to our church) Overall, I am very glad I went. It was what was right, and besides, Sense and Sensibility can wait until next Sunday.
Well, Dad just got home, so I had better go. I hope you are having a great day, and seeing God's blessings in amazing ways. What better ways are there than the daffodils, blooming trees, and the slightly warmer temperatures! I am praying for you all, and again, sorry there are no pictures!
Monday, March 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











6 comments:
Sounds like you had fun. Spoons is one of our favorite group games. I love it!
Praise the Lord for His ability to use us despite our failings! Isn't it great to see how He changes us?
Have you guys ever played Feather Duster? That's your kind of game.
Alice, it is wonderful that the Lord changes us and perfects us, though it is a slow process.
I have never heard of feather duster. How do you play it? Miriam has it right; spoons was great fun and now a favorite group game!
I'm proud of you for putting your own self aside and choosing, instead, to bless and encourage Abby Lynn. It is a privilege that God has given you to build into her life...and given that she is an oldest child, she can really use the big sister influence.
I am greatly humbled that she has chosen me, but I pray that they are seeing the Lord instead.
I'll have to e-mail you about Feather Duster...it's kind of hard to explain in a comment!
Post a Comment