This is not to be the greatest or longest post I have had in mind. However, since I consider you all my dear friends, I have a prayer request for you. Apparently, the Lord decided that I should be sick today. After a wonderful evening at church, complete with a finger food fellowship and playing spoons, I started complaining of a sore throat. (Actually, singing "Wonderful Grace of Jesus" without accompaniment didn't help it much:-) So, it bothered me as I tried to fall asleep, and today, it has been not just in my throat, it has been my nose and eyes. In fact, it is driving me crazy right now!
However, as many of you know, I have my piano competition this Friday evening. If I were to stay sick until the end of the week, I don't know if I could get my date changed. That would absolutely devastate me! I have worked so hard on all of my pieces, particularly Mozart. To miss it would put such a damper on all that I have worked for. I have been anticipating the challenge on playing a hard piece such as this.
Yet, I finds this post to be selfish on my part. The Lord's ways are SO much higher than mine. Everything goes through his hand; he knows what he is doing. I know that I must have joyful flexibility on my part. Yet to possibly miss a crucial piano lesson tomorrow and the competition... I just covet your prayers. Please pray that God would do His healing in His time. Yes, I have my desires, but I want His more! (However, you could pray that I would be able to play; I wouldn't mind in the least:-) Anyway, I am going to go lay back down. God bless ya'll.
Monday, March 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











7 comments:
I'll be praying for you, Ella! I hope you feel better soon!
u r in my prayers
I'm definitely praying! I can imagine having to miss my competition. That would have been terrible!
I'm sure whatever happens is God's will, though.
Dear Ella, it's not fun being sick! I'll be praying you recover quickly.
And, of course, I am praying for you too.
Thank you all so very much. I could be feeling a tiny bit better today, but I was unable to go to the Dy's or my piano lessons. I hope the next few days will be much better for me. Again, thanks for the prayers. They are all appreciated.
It's not selfish to ask for prayer. It is giving us an opportunity to serve you as we should!
Post a Comment