If you all read my family's blog, you would see posts very similar to this one....not to mention this exact picture with my wonderful puppy on it. Well, I woke up this morning to find out that Nikki had a seizure last night, only twelve days after her last one, which was only three weeks from the one before that. However, if you could follow that, you would be able to determine that Nikki's issues are coming more and more regularly lately, and we aren't too happy about it. Unlike some "medical" things, we want these convulsions/paralysis very far apart.
Nikki and her seizures have been extremely difficult for me to accept. I love my little dog; she is like a member of the family. (I know some of you might not be dog crazy, but you can't deny that pets CAN become very meaningful and special to you. ) And why she has to have these problems is very hard for me to grasp. I know that the Lord is good, that everything goes through His hands, and that He has a purpose in it all. But then...why a dog? What can possibly be the significance and plan in Nikki having them? I just don't understand.
Perhaps I am of little faith in this area, which is odd, because trusting in other areas is easier. I just don't like seeing Nikki suffer. Now, she is fine now. (She always acts normal both before and after them.) I really would like ya'll to pray. I know she is a dog, but I would like for you to pray that, Lord willing, these seizures would be few and far between. (Better yet, we'd love for them to be eradicated!) Also, pray that if the Lord wants us to give her holistic medication, He would make it clear, and finally, please pray for me. Pray that I would trust and believe in the God I serve, the God who keeps His promises, Jeremiah 29:11 being one of them. Thanks!











9 comments:
It's sad the Nikkers.
We will definitely keep on praying that the Lord would choose to remove these seizures from Nikki. And we need to be reminded of the fact that we love her. Instead of complaining when she interrupts what we are doing (asking to be let out or given water), we need to be glad to do it. We would be very sad if we didn't have to do it anymore because she had died. Then, I think we would be glad for the interruption and wish to have it all over again.
oops, I meant to say "it's sad about the Nikkiers."
Mom and Garrity, it is really sad! And Mom, you are right, I should desire even more to enjoy and "serve" her while she is alive and healthy!
I'll be praying, Ella! It's true that God has a plan and purpose in it all; maybe He's building your trust in Him!
I will be praying for you guys. I DO hope you guys take her to a docter.
Thank you Alice and Shfity for praying. God does have a plan; it is just hard at times.
Sorry to hear about Nikki having trouble. I just wanted to leave a quick note as to the the question of "why".
Pets are a blessing. I wish our family could have a puppy, but it doesn't appear that will happen due to severe family allergies. Yet, I grew up with cats and dogs and have a lot wonderful memories.
- back to the "why" question
Unfortunately, the sin curse affects all of creation. When Adam and Eve sinned that curse fell on everything. Romans 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. Sin isn't God's fault.
We can learn some important lessons when dealing with the effects of sin. 1) We can demonstrate the love of Christ to those who are suffering - yes, even to animals. Pets give us an opportunity to express compassion and caring. God concerns Himself with the everyday feeding of the birds (Matthew 10:29). 2) We can learn that God's grace is sufficient. Paul asked three times for the Lord to remove a thorn in his flesh. God told him that His grace was sufficient. God has shown compassion on Nikki by giving Nikki to you and your family. It is sad, but true, that many animals suffer from the curse without anyone to help them. Nikki has you. 3) The curse of sin causes us to thirst for Heaven when the curse will be removed (Matthew 6:10). In Heaven there will be no more suffering. Praise God!
Our flesh is tempted to have the wrong thoughts when bad things happen. We sometimes have a knee-jerk reaction to be upset with God and question why. It is a good reminder that God is not the cause of sin, but the Cure. Remember what God says about Himself. He says that He is good (Psalm 100).
One last thought. When trouble comes, God uses what we face in life to teach us to pray. God may take Nikki's seizures away. He may not. In prayer, you could thank the Lord for giving Nikki to you. You could thank the Lord for entrusting you with Nikki's care and for the opportunity to show compassion. You could ask for wisdom in how to care for Nikki.
I've got to run for now. Take care and God bless. Remember . . .
God is Good,
Pastor Jeff
that is soooooooooooooooo sad!!!! I love Nikki tons!!! I wil be praying!!
Post a Comment