While most people are starting back to school, I am just finishing up last year. It is the way we do things in our family. Since we much prefer the fall, we school through the summer, and take September and October off. Well, Monday will be our last day. I won't do the saying, "No more pictures, no more books, no more teacher's dirty looks," since it isn't true at all. I am just going to recap my favorite (and least favorite) things of this year. It will be for my benefit...and if you are interested, that is great too!
My 5 Favorite Books I Read This Year: 1.) Pride and Prejudice
2.) The Scarlet Pimpernel
3.) Uncle Tom's Cabin
4.) Across Five Aprils
5.) Rifles For Watie
My Least Favorite Books of the Year: 1.) The Jungle
2.) Stalin, Russia's Man of Steel
3.) Uh....That is really it
The Most Complicated Thing I learned: The tax section in Consumer Math (I am so thankful
that I have a Dad, who is an accountant, and ready to
assist.)
One of the Happiest Events: When we finally found something that works for science. I enjoy
Ken Ham's lectures....and they are way more interesting than a
boring textbook! :-)
What My Extra-Curricular Events Were: Piano lessons and sewing....and that was enough. Now,
I have all of my editing and writing with magazines.
Busy....at home!
What I Viewed as A Great Achievement: Finishing my 14 page Ronald Reagan research paper!
Okay, that was the bulk of what I did this year. I didn't have any "blood, sweat, and tears" like I did a few years back with Algebra :-) It was a good year this past year. I will enjoy a few weeks off, and then, I look forward to the new subjects (or actually the new books) I will get to read and learn!
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











9 comments:
And now that school is about over, I will have time to get all those writing assignments read and graded!! About time, huh?
Oh, I love your favorite and least favorite lists. Mine were almost the same last year! Except, I'm in the middle of Pride and Prejudice NOW, instead! :-) Liking it so far...
How interesting! I think I would have liked being off in September and October as well. Last year my sister did a lot of school in the summer so she could be available to help me in the last weeks of pregnancy and first weeks with the baby. That flexibility is one of the joys of homeschooling. It looks like you had a very productive year!!
How funny to read this just as I'm about to write a post about me starting back to school! I hope you enjoy your break!
Oh - and I keep forgetting to tell you. After your recommendation of Scarlet Pimpernel I found it on one of our shelves and read it. I really liked it - thanks for telling me about it!
Mom, yes, I hope you will be able to catch up on the school work. After all, you had us work on those deadlines!
Alice, so glad that you are liking Pride and Prejudice. It was fun to read it for school, and get credit for it! Yeah, I figured you and I didn't like the same books!
Mrs. Beverly, it is so much fun to have flexibility. Fall is more "comfortable" to do things in. When I get married, and if my husband is fine with it, I want to take the fall off once more.
Anna, I am running into this. People are talking about getting back...and I am not even finished! And I am so glad that you liked The Scarlet Pimpernel. It was good, and the version of the movie I watched was good too.
I'm not sure if this is the place to put this, but I saw thet you are currently reading "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" I to am reading, well, re-reading that book, and wondered what you are thinking of it.
Hello Ella,
You don't know me, but I found you via my sister Beverly, and The Girl Inside blog. I have been reading your blog for a while and find it most enjoyable! As my sister has already said, I did a bit of school during the summer months last year, and enjoyed the freedom of being able to take days off when I wanted to later. The Fall is such a beautiful time of year....enjoy your vacation and rest up from all the hard work you have done this past school year!
Daryn, I do enjoy I Kissed Dating Good-bye. I bought a study guide to go along with it, so I am taking it slowly and really learning from it. I am so on this mindset, but I won't say that the book isn't convicting!
Nessie, welcome to my blog. Yes, fall is just a beautiful time of year! I finished this morning...and I wll enjoy the time off, before I have to read some absolutely terrible sounding books!
I Kissed Dating Goodbye is a wonderful book!! I plan on reading it again. I, too, will be reading Pride and Predjudice soon. I heard that the 2005 movie is a good version; have you seen it, and if so do you recommend it? Oh my goodness! Don't get me started on algebra! I absolutely hated it!
Post a Comment