Monday, September 10, 2007

Crater Lake


Frankly, it is hard to believe all that we have done today. We got to Crater Lake yesterday evening. It was pretty late, as we had been at a, (guess) wood store way longer than anticipated. So, we just set up the camper and slept. It was rather cool; great to wake up to in the mornings. I was surprised that it was cooler there than near the Coast, but perhaps since we were at a higher elevation, it shouldn’t.

Okay, you have to know something about my family. When we go on vacation, it takes us days to see everything. As we had a tendency to remember Yellowstone, I will use it as an example. We are there about five to six days, and going, going, going, every day. Here at Crater Lake, it was a little different. We saw everything in a matter of five HOURS. You can not go down to the water except by one way, yet it was a steep pat, so Dad said no. It is thirty-three miles around the lake, and it is slated that one finishes in about two to three hours. We must take longer than most or something. At any rate, it was lovely. Like Oregon being green, Crater Lake was really blue. God truly uses many different colors on his “creation coloring pallet!”

(Wizard Island on Crater Lake. They say it looks like a qizard's hat. I can't see it, and I think it should have a different name.)


(The Phantom Ship. They say it looks like a pirate ship, so I will call it the Flying Dutchman. Can anyone see the ship?)

The Pinnacles. Crazy looking things, aren't they?

The only waterfall we saw.



Maybe a senior picture...though I am not sure if it is my choice.


Nothing much else after that. We all just took it easy, which was good. We had to change our return trip plans several times, but finally we got it squared away. We are staying near the town of Bend, Oregon for tomorrow night. I remember liking the town when we drove through on our way to the Redwoods

6 comments:

Anna Naomi said...

Wow! God's beautiful creation is just amazing! Pretty picture of you as well! Can you believe it's the year for us to take senior portraits? Wow.

Ella said...

Anna, it is weird to be taking senior pictures. It is kind of fun, but I get a little too picky about them:-)

Alice said...

Wow! Everything is GORGEOUS!

Miss Rebekah Ann S. said...

Wow-God's creation is just beautiful! I really enjoyed those pics! And that picture of you is my favorite-I think it would make a great senior picture!!

Ella said...

God's creation is beautiful! As to the picture, I like it. However, I am taking others...or plan to in the next weeks.

Miss Rebekah Ann S. said...

I think the background makes it a really neat picture. Be sure to share with us the one you choose!