However, I am loving the ocean!! I have many fond memories of playing in the sand and surf back in the Florida days. I recall past vacations getting sand dollars on the beach. So, when I saw the Pacific, it was like, “wow!” (And to think that the Explorers didn’t know about this ocean….) I believe the plan is to go eat a late picnic lunch on the waterfront; I am looking forward to that. Hopefully, though, it will either be deserted where we go, or that there will be modest dress. I don’t understand why people want to swim in that water; to my memory of the Oregon Coast back in 2001, it was cold! I know that there is “More to Modesty,” but if I have the choice, I don’t want my brother and Dad to have issues with their eyes. They get that enough at home. A vacation is meant for relaxing. NOTE: the dress that day was bad. Mom and I actually thought women were going around in the underwear We chose not to expose the guys to that. Now, it is two days later, and as most everyone is back to school and work, we don’t have any issues.
God doesn’t have to show me any more beautiful wonders. I have seen so much diversity just today. However, there is supposed to be good whale watching. I would love to see that! Wouldn’t it be just like the Lord to show me more than I deserve? He does that enough, in regards to grace for my sins. I really do not need more; He has been “more than enough” on this trip. But yes, I would enjoy seeing one of God’s creatures that you usually don’t see. However, if I do not get to, I am okay with that. Seeing the ocean once again was a great thrill in itself.











6 comments:
The ocean is so pretty! I've only been to the beaches in Florida and South (or was it North?) Carolina. I enjoy swimming in them, but dislike getting sunburned! I do put on sunscreen, but it tends to wear off. Thanks for sharing the pictures!
I, too, enjoyed seeing the ocean again. And I loved that little lighthouse we visited. I think it would be great fun to live there. Except, of course, the humidity of the coast would have my curly hair in disarray every single day. I would definitely hate that, wouldn't I?
Anna, I spent a great deal of time at the Florida beaches. Except I have to wear a lot of sunscreen too!
Mom, you say you like the idea of living in a lighthouse. However, Garrett is right, you would hate the curliness!
How beautiful!! We went to Tybee Island, Georgia (off the coast of Savannah) this past weekend, and I, too, cannot believe the things some women choose to wear!!! We did have a wonderful time, though, and I will be posting the pics either tonight or tomorrow, so if you would like to see them, feel free to go check out my blog.
I will admit that the "outfits" women were wearing were better than ones I remember from living in Florida. How anyone could go around in what they do is beyond me!
Same here! Of course, one very humbling thing to remember is that were it not for the Lord and His grace, we would probably be wearing the same things.
Post a Comment