My day was great up until that minute. I had done HopeChest work, I had been able to get up, do my Bible, exercise on the stationary bike we got (for twenty minutes...or four miles:-) and practice my piano. I felt so happy!!
So, I had a free minute, and I opted to make a jelly roll cake for dessert yesterday. I go to put eggs in the bowl, and what should I find but....uh.....words cannot even describe it. (And for your benefit, I will not post a picture, which is worth a thousand words, that Garrett took. He did it for the company rep, who is very interest in our find.) My guess it would be a chicken, a partly formed chicken. I was so grossed out, my stomach began to get tied up in knots, and I had to get away from the bowl for a minute. Thankfully, I had only cracked one other egg, so that was all I lost. Needless, I had Mom crack the rest of the eggs. (I know it, I am terrible!) And to be honest, that event didn't make the cake taste that wonderful. Plus, Garrett made chicken noises every time I brought the fork near my mouth:-)
Alright, so the cake is baking, and Mom is in the kitchen with me. She turns over the CBD catalogue we had received in the mail, and she says, "Oh, so and so's husband dies." I had already looked at the catalogue before, but I didn't investigate the back. (Normally, there isn't much of interest.) Sure enough, she was right. In one of my favorite videos, a character I liked is dead. Many of you like this particular thing too. So, if you care to be depressed and sad, feel free to read here. That said, I will still watch it, and probably love it, which means I will by it. However, why did the writers take the story line this way?!
So, yeah, that was my day last night. Terrible, just terrible! Wouldn't you agree?
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











13 comments:
That egg WAS gross!!! And, I'm with you about being disappointed about that certain character dying. It just won't be the same without him, will it? But at least Clark wasn't killed off!!
That chicken egg sounds GROSS! Eewww...
Anyways, it's good to know that I wasn't the only one saddened to hear that Willie dies in the latest movie. I couldn't believe it...I was shocked about it -- and it's only a fictional story!!
Oh, my GOODNESS! That is SO GROSS!!!!!!!
Ella, I am SO glad to hear that someone else was disturbed and upset with the character that was killed off. I was SO upset when I watched it on TV and realized....but have you seen the new movie?? I liked the ending - I think it helped to make up for the change in story. ALSO there is going to be another new one out around Thanksgiving/Christmas centered around the daughter Belinda. Can't wait!!
Mom, yes, I am glad that Clark wasn't killed off. But Willie is bad enough.
Kristen, welcome...though I know who you are. You are a fellow HopeChest reader and we did Erin's Java Spot together. Anyway, you are right. It is only fiction, so why do we get into it?
Alice, yep that eggs was gross. However. I think it has madde me not desire to eat cookie dough!
Becky, I have not seen Love's Unending Legacy, which was the one in April. I do not have cable; I find out things when I receive catalogues. So, there is one out in November? I remember reading that.
Sorry about your day! Things can really change in an instant. I know - the movie is disappointing. It didn't happen that way in the books... Willie lived long and Missie stayed out west with her growing family. But, that's Hollywood for you. Jubilee got so upset when we watched the movie on TV!
My dad on Tuesday didn't go so well... I got sick (upset stomach, awful fever) and ended up lying on the couch burning up all day yesterday. Only by God's grace was I able to teach today. Though I still feel weak, I'm getting better praise God!
Poor Ella,
I was upset too! I couldn't believe it!!! But the end will make things all better, I promise.
Talk to you soon!
Anna, I haven't gotten to there in the books, and it can bug me when people make storylines go that way! However, I am sure I will enjoy it.
So sorry that you were sick!! God is so good that He enabled you to teach!
Erin, yeah, I am sure I will be fine with the ending. Yet as I don't know it yet....Talk with you soon!
Ella (shiver) -- I would have reacted the same way about the egg.
And it is so funn - this morning I was flipping through our CBD catalog and I got upset about the very same thing. And that isn't accurate to the books at all. Grrrrrr.
Mrs. Beverly, I made some cookies for Dad today...and I lived in fear of finding the same thing once again.
YIKES! I would have been upset over that not-so-pleasant find as well. And, my friend told me a couple of weeks ago about the death of Willie. I was very sad. Why do they almost always have to make the good people die huh? Grrrr....
Neesie, I have no idea why the good people always seem to die. Thankfully, it isn't too common of an occurence!
OH MY GOODNESS! I would have freaked if I had seen that!
I know! I was looking at our CBD catalogue the other day and I read that. I was crushed! I'm only on book 4, so I didn't know that that didn't really happen in the books. Oh, did you know there are 8 books? I hope they make movies for all of them. Oh, another thing that I had noticed that they changed in the movies is that in the first one, Missie is only 1 in the book!! And, the second one is totally different than the movie. The only thing that's the same is that they're going west. I don't know why they change things!
Post a Comment