Sunday, November 18, 2007

For My Enjoyment, Not Necessarily Yours. I Mean, Do You Want Football Pictures?!

Dad and I on our way to the game. It was an "orange out," so I wore orange. Dad is too, by the way. It was supposed to be rainy; God blessed us from getting rained on! I love when it rains...just not when I am outside!




Our wonderfully unique blue playing field. We lovingly dumb it "the smurf turf" :-) (This was the view from our seats. Nice, huh?! I was extremely thankful to Dad's banker for them!)



Singing the National Anthem

The smoking helmet, out of which players appear


Even our governor, C.L. "Butch" Otter, had the same idea of going to the state rivalry game. He is the one on the end; his wife is next to him. Several other "illustrious" people were there too: the CEO of the Sugar Bowl and my favorite, several reporters from the best tv station in the valley, KTVB.


One of many Boise State touchdowns



The final score. Boise State is on the left. GO ORANGE, GO BIG BLUE, FIGHT! FIGHT! BSU !!! I had such a wonderful time with Dad. Yes, the game outcome was great, but the memories...those are far better!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had fun! Garrett and I had our own fun day together, and we were able to listen to the game on the radio. Not quite the same as being there, but it worked.

I'm glad you and Daddy had such a fun day together.

Kaysie said...

I am glad you had a great time, and even more that your team won! Yeah!
I personally am not really involved in football (although I enjoy watching it) but my two younger sisters LOVE football! They proudly wear crimson and white on gamedays.
So don't feel bad about being a girl and loving football...it's the same way here at my house!
I am glad you had a great time with your Dad! :)

Beverly said...

Ella,
I just read your comment on my blog -- thank you so much! Yes, I have been extremely busy lately and have found little time for blogging. I so appreciate your stopping by to say hi -- I think of you often and can't wait to sit down with a cup of tea and catch up on your blog. You are a blessing! I hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving and I enjoyed the pictures of your fun football game ;-)

Ella said...

Mom, I know you and Garrett had a wonderful day..and that you listened on the radio. I must admit, I like hearing commentary!

Kaysie, I don't entirely understand football; positions confuse me!! However, I loved the time with Dad. And I try to wear blue and orange on game day. What would crimson and white be?

Mrs. Beverly, I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving too. I know I will be busy with Mom baking; yummy! I am glad you enjoyed the photos.

Kaysie said...

Hi Ella,
Thanks for the comment you just left on my blog...and I was wondering if you would like to do the "Alabaster Hearts" on my blog?
My e-mail address is under my profile so you can e-mail me if you would like to. :)
Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog...you have no idea how much it means to me. Thanks!
Kaysie
PS: crimson and white is Alabama. And as my sisters frequently say: Roll Tide! :)

Anonymous said...

Sure is fun going to ball games with Dad. Hanging with Mom is fun too, don't get me wrong. Your Broncos are going to need to cream the Warriors come Friday night in Hawai'i. They will also need Oregon and Arizona State to lose their last two games to pretty much be a shoe in for the Las Vegas Bowl. A BCS bowl can be obtained with some upsets both this week and next week. If none of that happens, expect BSU to be playing the Roady's Humanitarian Bowl. Lame name, huh?! Lastly, BSU's schedule is ranked 118 out of 119. 119 belongs to Hawai'i. This is according to the NCAA website. not goofing.

Ella said...

Kaysie, I will be e-mailing about Alabaster Hearts soon. Thank you for asking me; I am honored, and humbled. I am very surprised that your sisters are 'Bama fans. Not Volls?! =)

Garrity, yippee!! comment from you! Yeah, it is going to take a lot to get BSU to the sugar bowl, yet I am pulling for it anyway. I am frustrated with the whole rating and polling system right now. Boise State can't help who they play. It is their record that should matter. Okay, enough of my ranting. But, yes, times with Dad are great! (AS the same is true of Mom)